Fog light issue

DabbiFresh

Reaction score
Okay so I've done the civic fog install with the OEM switch conversion. Did it oh close to a year ago. Worked perfect. Well about 4 months ago One day I couldn't get them to work. Now I'm finally getting time and it's cool enough outside to work on it. Checked through everything with the switch conversion figured that's where the problem was. Everything good there. Checked all my fuses all good. Got out the meter and started checking where my power flow quit at. Traced it all the way to the bulb plug. Running the full 12 v through the plug. But when I put in the bulb nothing. Checked the bulbs their good checked the continuity of the bulb its good. Everything looks like it should be in working order except it doesn't work. This is confusing and annoying the crap outta me. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas I'd love to hear them.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

kn0x47

Reaction score
if the bulbs are good then the only thing left is the switch or relay. do you hear the relay click when you turn the switch on? if not then its got to be the relay

DabbiFresh

Reaction score
Yep the relay is good too. I'm really at a wall on this

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Ive got civic fogs, but with the civic connectors. Mine did the same thing, but I took out the switch for some reason, and re-installed it, and now they havent quit on me.

I dont know if that will help you or not though

DabbiFresh

Reaction score
Actually when I was making sure the wiring was good I took off the switch and reinstalled it. So that's not it either. Almost seems like it sends power but as soon as it has a bulb it realizes its drawing power and shuts it off. If that makes sense

Biff 'em

Reaction score
Were you able to solve this issue with your fog lights? I am experiencing the exact same issue with mine.

Thanks in advance.

Back