foglights for 2001-2002 accord coupe?

accord_CLs

Reaction score
I did a quick search, but did not find any info on fogs for the coupes of these years. I also checked the member's ride section, but didn't see any 2001 or 2002 accords with fog lights. I did some googling and found this: http://www.amazon.com/2001-2002-Accord-Assembly-Lights-Switch/dp/B0023WD0IC

These look pretty oem to me, any advice when it comes to fogs for accord coupes of these years?

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
yeah i recently have been looking around for the same thing. ive found the oem, such as the ones you've linked, starting from $150 and up, and i've also found ones made by "spyder" for around $90-$100 (for the extra $50 i'd go for oem). butttt since i already had the civic 01-03 yellow fogs ($35 on ebay) from when i had a 98-00 style bumper, i tried (but failed) to mount those. wiring it to parking lights was easy, but its impossible to find the right housing.. i ended up taking the lens out of the housing and bolting them to the metal bracket near the opening of the foglight holes. by all means this is just a temporary fix until i either find a housing or make one..
there is a thread where one of the guys actually cut up the civic housing and made it fit sorta in the 01-02 bumper but couldnt find it.. good luck

accord_CLs

Reaction score
very cool! i remember that site, forgot to check there but thanks for the heads up. i probably will go with the cheaper ones on amazon in any case.

yoseppi

Reaction score
Pay the few extra bucks for simply the quality of the OEM parts, and the ease of installation.

When your moaning about how to wire up something, or rig them up to work, for just a few more bucks, you could have used the OEM ones with no headache.

The aftermarket ones are crap. Just a bit of my advice.

very cool! i remember that site, forgot to check there but thanks for the heads up. i probably will go with the cheaper ones on amazon in any case.

accord_CLs

Reaction score
hey those look good! i had oem replicas on a rsx before so im not as hesitant to go with replicas again for this setup

Mikey

Reaction score
Id rather pay the extra for OEM. That way you get full harness, proper switch and instructions.

Boy, ill tell ya what. I made my own harness and wired up OEM fogs in my CB and it wasnt anywhere NEAR as hard as the CG install appears, lol.

Back