Foglights...with retro?

RICKDIGILER

Reaction score
Im deff willing to try this it looks nice!!!! Now is it hard to do? Can u use any projectors nd try to squeeze them in there?

I'm assuming it's the same as a normal retrofit, and I don't see why not.
But 2.5" or 3" lens might look a little off.
Try it.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
well i kno that everyone who did them replaced the glass/ plastic lenses with LEXEN and to fit the blazer fogs some serious cutting was done

Ofnir107

Reaction score
LFSoccer2k's DIY might help you out. It's a retro with the ES fogs for a 7th Gen but I'm assuming the Civic/01-02 Accord fog housings are really similar. You might be able to get some ideas for attaching the blazers.

Are you planning on running HIDs in the blazers? I remember reading a while back on HIDP that there were some heating issues with the blazers. Not too sure how they fair now.

You may also want to look into the Matchbox projectors; they are similar in size and are bi-xenon (if you need it). However, I'm not sure if you're down for having the step cut-off for fog use:

dsc04125g.jpg

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
LFSoccer2k's DIY might help you out. It's a retro with the ES fogs for a 7th Gen but I'm assuming the Civic/01-02 Accord fog housings are really similar. You might be able to get some ideas for attaching the blazers.

Are you planning on running HIDs in the blazers? I remember reading a while back on HIDP that there were some heating issues with the blazers. Not too sure how they fair now.

You may also want to look into the Matchbox projectors; they are similar in size and are bi-xenon (if you need it). However, I'm not sure if you're down for having the step cut-off for fog use:

dsc04125g.jpg
thanks for the info and link. i do plan on running HIDs in the blazers, but i did read that the ddm tuning kit in particular had heat issues. that cut off looks real good

blackcord

Reaction score

dsc04125g.jpg

Actually, I've been thinking about doing this for a long time now. But as mentioned, there are heat issues with using HIDs in blazers (but I think more issues with using 55W or cheap ebay hid bulbs). And because of that, if I ever decide to do this, I will not retro the blazers into the fog housing, but instead, just use the outer housing and put the blazers there. That way the blazers are exposed and will have more cooling by the air around it.

Anyway, if you do, post up some pics!! GL

SykVSyx

Reaction score
When I get to that number on my To Do list, I am looking in to using the morimoto projectors in my CF4 fogs. I already have an HID kit to use as well.

Ofnir107

Reaction score
Actually, I've been thinking about doing this for a long time now. But as mentioned, there are heat issues with using HIDs in blazers (but I think more issues with using 55W or cheap ebay hid bulbs). And because of that, if I ever decide to do this, I will not retro the blazers into the fog housing, but instead, just use the outer housing and put the blazers there. That way the blazers are exposed and will have more cooling by the air around it.

Anyway, if you do, post up some pics!! GL

That would definitely make sense. Cheap HID Kits, esp 55W = No bueno. I know the Blazers are made to be exposed to the elements but I still don't like the idea of the lens getting chipped due to rocks, etc.

thanks for the info and link. i do plan on running HIDs in the blazers, but i did read that the ddm tuning kit in particular had heat issues. that cut off looks real good

Sounds good man. The posted cutoff was from a tweaked Matchbox projector. Post up pictures whenever you get them done. I would have considered doing a fog retro a long time ago if I didn't spend $250 on my fog light set-up. :eusa_doh:

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
That would definitely make sense. Cheap HID Kits, esp 55W = No bueno. I know the Blazers are made to be exposed to the elements but I still don't like the idea of the lens getting chipped due to rocks, etc.

Sounds good man. The posted cutoff was from a tweaked Matchbox projector. Post up pictures whenever you get them done. I would have considered doing a fog retro a long time ago if I didn't spend $250 on my fog light set-up. :eusa_doh:
Itll probably be a while but ofcourse ill post pics

Back