Footwell Lights - Some Advice Needed

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
Sketch, your car looks sad in that sig pic!

And WTH are puddle lights? Ive got a sh!t ton of extra LEDs Im just waiting to figure out where i need more accent lighting

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Just find anything that comes one when you want it to factory. You already know what you want to tap into. Get out your multimeter (if you don't have one, you probably shouldn't do diy electrical on your car), check the voltage, if it's what you need, tap into those wires. In this case, i would tap directly from the wires in the door pannel and not the fuse box because i'd rather hack my wiring at the end than at the beginning, that's me.

Sorry, i might sound like an asshole but if you don't know what wires and can't figure it out yourself, don't do it. One of the worst ways to modify your car when you don't know exactly what you are doing is messing with the electrical system. Even if you don't damage anything, you can blow fuses and never know what is going on and what you have to fix. My friend bought a truck with a strobe hooked up wrong and it caught on fire. At the worst, you destroy the resale value of you car if you are honest to why your interior lights don't work.

jgo86x

Reaction score
I hooked mine up to glove box light, so when I turn on my headlights, footwell lights turn on as well

I also use a very bright white led and hook those up to my dome light, so when I open my doors, footwell lights up white so I can see whats in the floor...dome light wire can be found on the trim between front right passenger window and front windshield

hope this helps

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Nice bump to an old thread for your first post mister, I'm sure OP has long forgotten about this thread. Glad to know you have yours hooked up through glove box though. Good job. :ugh:

Last edited:
Back