For the Acura TL Owners/Experts

pinkee334

Reaction score

So my 19 yr old brother just got an $8200 tax refund and wants a 6thgen, he's leaning towards mine, lol. Well while I was helping hm look for one, I came across this.

http://montgomery.craigslist.org/cto/1093620579.html

JMiller this is where you come in especially

I was wanting to sell him mine as is and buy the Acura for myself. I emailed the seller and is awaiting a response. Does it look/sound legit to you guys? Are there any specific questions I should ask, besides the obvious ones?

Last edited:

turboputz

Reaction score
Where is Montgomery anyways?

There is nothing about that add that sounds legit. In fact it screams fraud.
First of all, look at the price. I'm not looking up the kbb value, but off the top of my head I'd say that's at least $8k too good to be true.

The second line is about how there is no warranty implied. What about that would give you confidence? Then they call it a Nissan. To me that says this is not someone serious about selling a real car.

Two possibilities:
1) Total scam
2) Rebuilt Salvage with some issues.

Keep looking. And remember, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.
That being said, there are probably good deals out there on used autos from people who overextended and are desperate to pay down some debt.

Last edited:

pinkee334

Reaction score
Where is Montgomery anyways?

In Alabama. I don't usually buy cars from locals, hence why I'm askin. I never said I had TOTAL confidence that this is legit, HENCE WHY I'M ASKING.

I love my Honda, Acuras are nice as well. I was looking to get a more family type car cause I hope to start one soon. Thanks though! We're still searching.
charliebrown.gif

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
There is no way that is legit. If you're looking to get into an 04-05 TL, you'll be looking at $13k-$17k depending on miles and whether or not it has nav.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
ZOMG get it!!!!!!! :lawl: jk jk.

Man.... I do want one so bad. We'll see how long I hold off and keep the accord. It's only a matter of time I think :rolleyes:

cajun

Reaction score
"The interior smells like a new nissan."

Dang, how do you get an 04 Acura to smell like a new Nissan?

Back