FPR's

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
Just looking for some opinions here. I'm not planning on buying one, but at what point is a fuel pressure regulator a good idea. I assume most all boost and SC motors would use some type of fuel monitoring system, but as far as N/A motors go, when's a good time to start considering one of these. Also, whats the point of them. Obviously to monitor fuel pressure, but what information can be attained from knowing your FP?

akoutmos

Reaction score
The point of an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator is to be able to adjust the fuel pressure. Fuel injectors are rated for a certain output at a certain fuel pressure. For example my RC 750cc injectors will output 750cc's of fuel at 43.5 psi. So in short it helps you properly tune your fuel system. In addition, it allows you to flow more fuel while keeping a consistent fuel pressure. If you get a huge fuel pump to feed your gas hungry dragster, the stock FPR won't be able to return enough fuel while keeping a safe and usable fuel pressure.

NASOHC

Reaction score
My engine build is a good example of that I think. I'm max'd out when it comes to fuel pump and stock injectors. My AEM FPR is set to 50 psi though with a Hi-Vol Fuel Rail. It's feeding the motor for what it needs. That's at 200hp+ NA.

Maybe someone here knows the max Fuel Pressure for stock FP & CC output of stock Injectors for an F23A1 VTEC motor to give you an idea.

If you plan on running a management system to tune; additional fuel will most likely be required - you'll need a FPR then.

Back