Front license plate for 99 Accord

Bax

Reaction score
You have a 99 sedan right?
and you're talking about the piece that bolts on underneath the tag to help it stay on right?

I had one on my car, but i took it off. would you want it? i can take pics if you'd like me to.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
If you use the OEM plate mount, the screws do not go into the front of your bumper cover, there is a fixed bracket on the underside of the top of the airdam where the mount area of the plate holder screws into.

idk about your car, but when i had the oem plate mount on my frist 6g, the bottom mount had the two holes for the plate, and then the mount itself attached with one screw to the place it was supposed to mount at at the top of the lower air dam. if the upper part of the plate mount didnt screw into my bumper, it wouldve been flimsy as **** and wouldnt last that long just flopping along in the breeze.​

hellfire127

Reaction score
Oh really? That be awesome. I bought one in te past at carpartswholesale or auto I believe and it didn't work w my bumper. Couldn't find the hole for screw under bumper lol.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

idk about your car, but when i had the oem plate mount on my frist 6g, the bottom mount had the two holes for the plate, and then the mount itself attached with one screw to the place it was supposed to mount at at the top of the lower air dam. if the upper part of the plate mount didnt screw into my bumper, it wouldve been flimsy as **** and wouldnt last that long just flopping along in the breeze.​

Hmm that's weird, mine was sturdy as hell, and had two screws for both the plate and bumper mounting. The plastic was so thick, it wouldn't budge much even when I kicked it, lol.

Back