front speaker questions

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i have rockin no front speakers for a few years now and i am ready to get some new ones, problem is i have zero idea what to look for. i am not into crystal clear sound, but i don't want trash. i have a sub, so i guess i am looking for mids-highs from these speakers. i have some gift cards to best buy and i found a few that i liked, but i have no idea if they are any good or what all this 2 or 3 way means

one i am looking at

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer...air)/9197086.p?id=1218056225571&skuId=9197086

also, i am not opposed to a componet set, but i would need to fly ryry down to help me install everything, lol

thanks for the help guys

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
x-way means how many drivers there are in a config...like i have a pair of tweeters and a pair of mids, so thats a 2-way.

what i've found with coax speakers is that there wont be any "punch" down low and the highs will probably be too strong. so at the very least, a bass/treble control in the headunit is needed, or even a basic eq inside the hu is necessary to stand cheaper speakers.

so...without any distortion plots or FR graphs, they're all pretty much the same :lawl:

imaricer:)

Reaction score
yeah u gotta tune that ish. lol those speakers dont look like a bad idea. ive never had a problem w any pioneer speaker. or head unit. get these and some descent tweeters and it will sound nice.

btw what are you running in the back?

Reaction score
yeah i would get the pioneers in the front with some tweeters.

can you tune your settings on your current head unit?

Reaction score
ha its all about your personal preferance. w mine i have my balance at 0 fad to the rear a lil bit like +2. my bass at 0 and my treble at 0 or +2. most ppl with subs just 0 everything out but ppl like me like the bass in the back and the trebel up front. thats why i have tweeters.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
you would be out of your mind to add a pair of tweeters to coax speakers. the ****ty infinitys i had for a while were terrible up high...i couldn't turn them down low enough without making it sound like ***.

once i left the stock tweeters hooked up and had the infinitys on the amp...i cut the wires behind the headunit after about 30 seconds :lawl:

and you only like bass in "back" if you've never heard bass up front. audition my car once...it sounds like the kick drum is installed on the firewall :lawl:

Reaction score
i would imagine u have an amazing set up dude. im not as into systems as you are. mine is very basic.

Back