Front Subframe Removal

Ty92x

Reaction score
Is the Front subframe needed... I know if you are running a front mount it is but I am not using one as it is not needed with my innovative mounts... Is there anything else connected to it that is needed... Like is the steering rack and swaybar mounts located on the front subframe? If it is needed is there anyone here running a tubed subframe because that would be what I would do if the stock subframe is needed

xci.ed6

Reaction score
You don't need the front engine mount too much, especially if you run firmer mounts.

There are 2 front subframes, iirc, the very front, with the front mount, and the mid-front, with the rear mount.

Ty92x

Reaction score
So could I get away with removing the very front subframe then? I am running firmer mounts and no front mount so that's not a problem. Also, is there any important suspension components or anything else important attached to the very front subframe that I would need to know about?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Yeah, you place them damn near where stock ones are, on a solid mount. No probs! Tried out 'traction bars' on a 4G civic, which replaces the front x-member on a similar suspension.

Ty92x

Reaction score
I've looked into that but the only company I found who makes or made them was explicit speed performance and I messaged them months a go to ask them questions about it... I don't think they are in business anymore

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I was interested in this so I looked for one, I didn't find one.

So if I do find one, I know where to share it.

Back