Fuel pump auto on like air ride?

SneakyPete

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the fuel pump kicks on periodically after the car has been turned off? Even hours later, I can hear what seems to be the fuel pump running but just for about 15 seconds. Is this to keep the system primed? It sounds just like the old Lincoln town cars with air ride that periodically kicks on to level the car.....hmmm:thinking:

finch13

Reaction score
Probably the evap canister venting pressure in the gas tank.

The fuel pump only primes for 2 seconds when the key is turned to the ON position.

SneakyPete

Reaction score
i thought it only kicked on when the key was turned. whatever it is, it runs for quite a while at times no matter how long the car has been turned off. It's ran as long as a minute before. No problems with a dead battery, which is good, but it drives me nuts!:crazyrun:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Does it sound like this but quieter and it lasts longer? Mine does the same thing. The evap system is to blame, nothing to worry about it's normal.

SneakyPete

Reaction score
Does it sound like this but quieter and it lasts longer? Mine does the same thing. The evap system is to blame, nothing to worry about it's normal.
:henry:
now i find it hard to believe that honda would put a baby cow under my car! is it OEM?:lawl:

all joking aside, thats exactally what it sounds like. thanks for the info.

Back