fuel related issue.....i think

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
I have had this issue that has progressively gotten worse. It started out as once every 50 miles, now it’s every day.

As I accelerate, the car seems to be getting flooded for several revolutions and then will correct itself. It happens almost everytime I floor it and is really bad in vtec. It’s almost like one cylinder goes down and causes the issue and loss of power.

Ruled out, but will look at them closer tomorrow: cap/rotor (since it’s not consistent enough), bad o2 sensor (I run an open loop that ignores all o2 sensors), fuel pump (doesn’t happen at all at idle), fuel injectors (could be leaking but I can’t really test for that)

Any help would be nice

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ True. If the wires or plugs are bad, the spark may be getting cut out especially under load and that particular cylinder will bog, car will bog in general.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Your plug might be soaked and can't generate appropriate spark I'd check that if you haven't but also I check to see if there is any pressure in the fuel line

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Maybe your stock FPR has gone whack?

possible, will swap on another one to be sure next weekend

checked plugs and boots?

wires are fine, old but fine

^ True. If the wires or plugs are bad, the spark may be getting cut out especially under load and that particular cylinder will bog, car will bog in general.

but it would be more consistent. i can go past redline in first gear with no breakup, 2nd and beyond, it breaks up.

Your plug might be soaked and can't generate appropriate spark I'd check that if you haven't but also I check to see if there is any pressure in the fuel line

i am running a bit rich, but until i get an ostrich cable, then i cant really fiddle with my fuel to see if leaning it up through out the curve would help

juv290

Reaction score
well i had a similar issue just wasnt constant enough it would just bog down. well i changed the spark plugs and hasnt happened since...might want to look into it...

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
spark plugs are ok

wires are still good

fpr and cap/rotor are the next to be changed

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
could be something in the distributor. I've been having the same intermittent break up issue with mine and thats the only thing else I can come up with for mine. so if all else fails buy/barrow a working distributor and try that.

Back