Full Money spent on new/rebuilt trans.

J30MAN

Reaction score
my car has 124k on it now and i wanna be prepared for the worst. i wanna know what you guys have spent on either a rebuild including parts/labor or either a brand new tray including parts/labor.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
I think my total cost of a re manufactured V6 trans. from Jasper was like $3200 or maybe a little more installed... 3yr/100k warranty though... lol

I have the paperwork somewhere... if I come across it I'll give you the actual cost

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
I was quoted $1800 (1 yr warranty or 36K) for a rebuilt tranny & $550 for labor or a used tranny for $1400 ($850 for use tranny & $550 for labor for 60 days warranty). I decided to go with the used one because my mechanic said that most transmission shops will tell you that they will replace "any components that needed replacement" when really they just replaced the messed up component and the issue isn't fix. In other words they are telling you stuff that you want to hear but they didn't do.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
I would tell u to not change it until it breaks.... unless u wanna go 6spd like those other people that i envy... LOL...

but thats just me

J30MAN

Reaction score
I would tell u to not change it until it breaks.... unless u wanna go 6spd like those other people that i envy... LOL...

but thats just me

dont worry im not doing it yet only when its totally shot "if it aint broke dont fix it" but i would love 6 spd... :/

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sometimes you can spend just as much or slightly more swapping to a 6spd than if you were to replace the auto. And sometimes you'll spend $1000 more, but have a near bulletproof tranny for the rest of its life.

Search for TheHunter/Werkmeister47's thread on swapping, as well as V6P's 6thgen section (Performance stickies)...will help give an idea of cost.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I think its pretty much better stay clear of 6thgen automatics. Especially now they're aged...if you can, just sell the car and get a 7thgen 6 speed.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
i paid 1600 on a rebuilt 4cyl. a/t trans with 12k or 1 yr. warranty whichever came first ... well about a year later i wrecked it and sold it for 350 FML

v6nighthawk00

Reaction score
I just had my tranny rebuilt on my 2000 V6 coupe last week for $1800(Canadian) with a 1 year warranty.
I didn't mind paying since it's the original tranny with 230k (kms). I did consider the swap but it just wasn't right for my circumstances.

J30MAN

Reaction score
i will just have to juggle the two ideas once it starts ticking away.

Back