Function and Form spanner wrench problem

luciusad2004

Reaction score
Anybody have issues using the smaller spanner wrench on their F2 coils? I was going to raise my car a little today but the smaller wrench just slips off the ring as soon as I put any force on it. Anyone else have this problem or am I doing something horribly wrong?

truWarier02

Reaction score
The big wrenches work decently on the spring locks but for the lower mount lock, I use a flathead and a hammer like i<3jdm.

Reactions: Bax

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue. So like everyone said use a big flathead and a hammer

luciusad2004

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys. I thought I'd lost it today while trying to loosen everything.

Damn springs settled after A few weeks with the coils on and now I can't jack it from the front lol.

Bax

Reaction score
Just get some pieces of wood to drive up on or something. I don't have a low pro jack, so I'm not even slammed and I have 2 pieces of wood to drive up on. haha

But for my $0.02 on the OP, mine has trouble gripping like others say, but I just cup my hand around the coilover and squeeze it while turning it to make sure it stays. It always works just fine like that.

luciusad2004

Reaction score
Just get some pieces of wood to drive up on or something. I don't have a low pro jack, so I'm not even slammed and I have 2 pieces of wood to drive up on. haha

But for my $0.02 on the OP, mine has trouble gripping like others say, but I just cup my hand around the coilover and squeeze it while turning it to make sure it stays. It always works just fine like that.

I was thinking of doing that. I saw a How-to on a mustang forums somewhere for making longer wood ramps that I actually wanted to make. Still might raise my car though, it's been rubbing a lot in the front and i keep hitting things with my exhaust. The plastic covering under the engine bay is also perilously close to getting torn off when driving but i suppose I could just take that off anyway.

Bax

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing that. I saw a How-to on a mustang forums somewhere for making longer wood ramps that I actually wanted to make. Still might raise my car though, it's been rubbing a lot in the front and i keep hitting things with my exhaust. The plastic covering under the engine bay is also perilously close to getting torn off when driving but i suppose I could just take that off anyway.

if you're talking about the plastic lining that attaches under the bumper cover by clips, I threw that crap in the garbage the first time I changed the oil on my car when I got it. haha

Back