function form question

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Okay, this is probably a dumb question (i appologize of it is) but right now im on f&f type ones. If i wanted to buy new struts could i replace the type one strut with type 2 ones? Basically im asking will the collars and lower mounts work from the type ones? I would also upgrade the springs obviously.

Only reason id do this instead of buying type 2s is because i can get the struts, and adjustment knobs for 360$ shipped from f2.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Not a dumb question at all. I think if the lower mount of both are the same, I would think it would be able to house either strut. If you can install the type 2 struts then you can definitely install different springs as well.

Only reason why they say you can't change spring rates on the type1's is that the type1 struts were not meant to handle variations in spring rates. Whereas the type 2 struts can handle a variation of +2kg. I remember talking to Ken about something similar before I ordered my type1's. You should contact him to make sure.

I wish I could swap the rear springs with something stiffer though. I don't like how bouncy the 6k rears are.

Last edited:

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Not a dumb question at all. I think if the lower mount of both are the same, I would think it would be able to house either strut. If you can install the type 2 struts then you can definitely install different springs as well.

Only reason why they say you can't change spring rates on the type1's is that the type1 struts were not meant to handle variations in spring rates. Whereas the type 2 struts can handle a variation of +2kg. I remember talking to Ken about something similar before I ordered my type1's. You should contact him to make sure.

I wish I could swap the rear springs with something stiffer though. I don't like how bouncy the 6k rears are.

i just realized the front springs are 12k on type ones also. Even though it feels softer, probably due to the shock dampening. So id just need stiffer rear springs

Ken is NASOHC right?

truWarier02

Reaction score
Yeah, both are 12kg fronts from the factory. Type2 rears are 8kg and type1 are 6kg.

And yeah, NASOHC is Ken.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
can someone post a picture of f2 type 2s for our car. the bright red ones not the anodized flat red ones. pleeeassee and thank you

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
can someone post a picture of f2 type 2s for our car. the bright red ones not the anodized flat red ones. pleeeassee and thank you
That can be found on Google in roughly 30 seconds...

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
4c64a9f7-410c-a1e8.jpg

Back