Function & Form type 1 for daily driving?

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
So I'm considering buying the FF type 1 coilovers. Do everybody who has them: Are you happy with them? Are they comfortable enough for daily driving, and good enough to be fun at the tracks? Do you have any complaints, or wish you got the type 2s? They're not just all show and no go coilovers, are they?
Obviously the type 2 coilovers are going to be the better choice. But if everybody, or at least most people are satisfied with their type 1, I'd rather spend $300 less on the type 1 coilovers.
Thanks for any responses & opinions!

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Had them for years. I love them.

There are a gazillion threads about this exact topic btw.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Had them for years. I love them.

There are a gazillion threads about this exact topic btw.
Yeah after posting I decided to search, and found a lot of reviews.. How much lower than stock are you riding? Seems like a few Accord owners say the max height is too low. I definitely do not want a slammed car or anything, I want to have a smaller wheelwell gap and sportier ride.

The height I'm at.....i hate them lol
What height are you set at?

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Yeah after posting I decided to search, and found a lot of reviews.. How much lower than stock are you riding? Seems like a few Accord owners say the max height is too low. I definitely do not want a slammed car or anything, I want to have a smaller wheelwell gap and sportier ride.

What height are you set at?
about 22.5 fender to ground. theyre too soft for me

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
I am at 23.5" ground to fender because I have 18's. I like them but would rather have stiffer ones. But for the price, they are great.

scrapnav6

Reaction score
Im at 23" on 18s and I like them. Mine probably have close to 30k on them now though. Ill probably upgrade to type 2's eventually. If you have the extra $300 I would just buy type 2's the first time.

NASOHC

Reaction score
about 22.5 fender to ground. theyre too soft for me

If you're on Type One's with that aggressive wheel on rear, you need type Two's

I am at 23.5" ground to fender because I have 18's. I like them but would rather have stiffer ones. But for the price, they are great.

Most people who have Type One's will want to upgrade to type Two's eventually or Type Two.5's with Eibach Spring choice.

Im at 23" on 18s and I like them. Mine probably have close to 30k on them now though. Ill probably upgrade to type 2's eventually. If you have the extra $300 I would just buy type 2's the first time.

If you have the money, invest on Tyope Two's - they'll give you more adjustability for the ride you're looking to get.

I was at 23.5" on 18" with 225/40-18 tires. I'm replacing my shocks later tonight and going to go about an inch lower maybe... I got over 60k miles this older set with no issues.

Hit me up either choice you decide ;)

Back