Function & Form Type II - "Group Buy Special" August Only!!!

F23A1AT

Reaction score
63448014.jpg

According to Ken all three of these sleeves aid in the adjustment up and down on the coils. As long as the two red ones are used in unison there won't be any adjustment of the spring but the threaded part will go up and down providing lift or drop.

001Stunna

Reaction score
According to Ken all three of these sleeves aid in the adjustment up and down on the coils. As long as the two red ones are used in unison there won't be any adjustment of the spring but the threaded part will go up and down providing lift or drop.

Sorry if the pic was miss-understood. It was mainly to state that you do not lower/raise your car by the spring perch, like the Teins are for example, but yes what you're saying is right i believe...but not 100% sure here.

Last edited:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
No, you don't adjust the red ones, period. You rotate the entire red bottom mount of the coilover.

What's going on in here??

:huh:

SilverAggie

Reaction score
You don't adjust the red ones before you put them on the car. TRUE

You don't adjust the red ones period. FALSE

You can adjust the red mounts when the coilovers are one the car and already locked in place at the bottom mount. Moving the top red locking collar counterclockwise will raise the car and moving the bottom red collar clockwise will lower the car. The only time you don't want to mess with the red collars is when the coilovers are not on the car. This messes with the preset which is noooo good. This information is from experience of raising and lowering my F&F's for 3 days in a row now. They ride great on stiff all around. I'm 24.5" in the rear and 23.5" in the front on 205/65 stock 15's.

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score

You can adjust the red mounts when the coilovers are one the car and already locked in place at the bottom mount. Moving the top red locking collar counterclockwise will raise the car and moving the bottom red collar clockwise will lower the car. The only time you don't want to mess with the red collars is when the coilovers are not on the car. This messes with the preset which is noooo good. This information is from experience of raising and lowering my F&F's for 3 days in a row now. They ride great on stiff all around. I'm 24.5" in the rear and 23.5" in the front on 205/65 stock 15's.

This is exactly what Ken said to me. He also told me to compress the spring a tad bit to keep the spring from rattling around once it has broken in. Maybe he can post here with that info. F&F needs to update and simplify their instruction for sure.

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
This is exactly what Ken said to me. He also told me to compress the spring a tad bit to keep the spring from rattling around once it has broken in. Maybe he can post here with that info. F&F needs to update and simplify their instruction for sure.

This was my first time dealing with coilovers and the supplied instructions were quite clear.

NASOHC

Reaction score
Sorry if the pic was miss-understood. It was mainly to state that you do not lower/raise your car by the spring perch, like the Teins are for example, but yes what you're saying is right i believe...but not 100% sure here.

No, you don't adjust the red ones, period. You rotate the entire red bottom mount of the coilover.

What's going on in here??

:huh:

This was my first time dealing with coilovers and the supplied instructions were quite clear.

OK, here we go fellas.

BEFORE INSTALLATION:

The 2 top "red" rings below spring are to help lock the spring in place and need to used to turn the "gold" threaded shock section in order to adjust height after installation.

Turning upper red ring (the one making contact with spring) will adjust pre-load on spring. I always say to check this before installing coil-overs to ensure the same pre-load is set front and/or rear. If you decide to change this, no more than 1/2" of spring compression should ever be used. The spring is going to break-in and loose 1/8-1/4" or so after riding on your car for a bit. This is more of an advanced feature if you know what you're doing.

Ex. If front spring measures 8" total, then it should not measure less than 7.5" after locking "red" rings. Note: Should be done "off" car -before installing!

Ensure the front springs and rear spring are the same length before locking "red" rings. If the "upper" red ring is just hand tight against spring and you lock it with lower "red" ring, chances are after a while of riding (break-in period) that spring may be loose and you'll call me about a noise. Do it right the first time and you won't have problems in the future. It is better to double check the settings are evenly right before installing - yes it states that adjusting those rings can void warranty BUT I'm telling you what is okay to do and I will honor your warranty.

Do this and never loosen those rings again because the interlocking "red" rings is what you need to use in order to adjust height later, after installing.
Also, before installing, be sure the front and rear coil-overs measure exactly the same length (top to bottom) and "hand tight" lock bottom "gold" ring.

AFTER INSTALLED IN CAR:

Turning the upper "red" ring clockwise will interlock with lower "red" ring and allow for the "gold" thread section to go into lower red housing in order to "drop" (lowering) the car and please ensure that the lower "gold" ring is unlocked or you won't go down.

Turning the lower "red" ring counterclockwise will interlock with upper "red" ring and "raise" the car. Again, be sure "gold" ring is loose and lock after desired height is adjusted.

Above all, always measure starting and ending points!!! last thing you want is a crooked looking car.

What's wrong with picture above is that is says to turn the lower section to adjust height and how the heck is that going to happen if already installed?!?!?! WRONG!!!

You need to use those "red" rings as stated above!

Now, enjoy your coil-overs! :peace:

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
What's wrong with picture above is that is says to turn the lower section to adjust height and how the heck is that going to happen if already installed?!?!?! WRONG!!!

You need to use those "red" rings as stated above!

The pic was more of a means of adjusting them pre-installation on the car but thanks for clearing things up:peace::peace:

NASOHC

Reaction score
The pic was more of a means of adjusting them pre-installation on the car but thanks for clearing things up:peace::peace:

I know, I had a few confused people call me so better to clarify.

BTW FOLKS!

Anyone else in here want to pick up a Type II kit for this price, I got till tomorrow first thing. I've been meaning to go this week to F&F and close-up my open invoice; going tomorrow for sure so LAST MINUTE CALL FOR TONIGHT!

Back