Garage Build for Auto Detailing(UPDATED 5/2 PG11)

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Garage Build for Auto Detailing(UPDATED 12/20 PG8) Eye Candy

Been a while since I bought some detailing supplies. Just a small package, and added a 32inch t.v to hook up to my laptop in the future.

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Garage Build for Auto Detailing(UPDATED 3/14 PG8)Opinion on wall color scheme&flo

Alright guys, it's been a good couple months since I updated this thread with anything at all, but I'm back with some good news. I am in the process of painting my garage walls to a specific color scheme, and adding GarageDeck & RaceDeck flooring to my garage. I need some opinions on which style looks better. The color scheme for the walls will be Grey, blue, and maybe black. For flooring, black, royal blue, graphite.

After some research online, I came across a couple examples that I liked, but not sure which one to go with. So I am asking for opinions on which one looks better in general and what is your reasons for choosing so.

First up we have: Black edge, followed by royal blue, then graphite in center

If following the color scheme, my walls would look like this; Grey bottom, black middle, blue top

Ignore the white line part

Here's a bad editing pic for reference of the actual wall

Original pic for reference

Or should I just go with a grey and blue color scheme with no black. Debating on white line

The 2nd option for flooring is Graphite edging, black lining, and royal blue center

If I go with this one, it would match the grey, black, blue color wall scheme much better.

In summary, which wall color scheme you like, and which flooring color scheme you like, and why? Hopefully I can get started with the painting this weekend. I already bought some samples to get an idea of how it would look.

I set it up as black edging, royal blue lining, graphite center

Thanks for taking the time to read this and reply with your opinion in advance.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: Garage Build for Auto Detailing(UPDATED 3/14 PG8)Opinion on wall color scheme&flo

0d0ef759-3271-4550-b6dd-dc275136c5ac.jpg

This, would be my first choice, but the blue on the floor could get really grimy really fast.

For practicality purposes and still have some style,

4d3df9e8-11fc-4cd2-aebf-736546af353f.jpg

This.

BullAccord

Reaction score

^+1
I read this entire thread this morning, I'm loving all the detail that you're putting into this.
I can't wait to see it all finished. Good luck Lem.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

^+1
I read this entire thread this morning, I'm loving all the detail that you're putting into this.
I can't wait to see it all finished. Good luck Lem.
Thank you for going through the thread. Thank you for the encouragement.

Derek, thanks for your opinion. You decided which color scheme on the wall fits your liking/style? I'm also leaning towards the graphite center as well for the flooring.

Jordan_H

Reaction score

Also agree on the graphite center. Great job on all the work you've put into this. Hope everything goes well.

Varnell

Reaction score

Looks great, man. Definitely professional. My only concern is how difficult the floor tiles might make it to clean.

cfox28

Reaction score

as far as the walls go, i would go with just the grey and blue, imo it's cleaner, and keep in mind black paint is going to make spaces seem smaller. As for the tiles, the gray tile look particularly difficult to clean, can they come like the black and blue ones? if so I would go with that as the center. if not, have you played with other ideas other than a perimeter look. perhaps mostly black tiling with a 2 tile wide band (4 tiles wide total) of blue and gray going up the length of the garage on both left and right. or what about a checkered pattern

img05_main.jpg

Garage-downstairsinteriorwtmk.JPG

GL-ColorTiles.jpg

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

Also agree on the graphite center. Great job on all the work you've put into this. Hope everything goes well.

Thanks Jordan. I think I made up my mind on deciding which style I want for the flooring. I am definitely going with the graphite center.

Looks great, man. Definitely professional. My only concern is how difficult the floor tiles might make it to clean.

Thanks Varnell. I am trying to set myself apart from others by being professional in all aspects, which includes my company image as well. I want people to be able to trust me with their "baby/car", and not look like some hack doing work outta their garage. So an overhaul of the walls and flooring is a must IMO.

as far as the walls go, i would go with just the grey and blue, imo it's cleaner, and keep in mind black paint is going to make spaces seem smaller. As for the tiles, the gray tile look particularly difficult to clean, can they come like the black and blue ones? if so I would go with that as the center. if not, have you played with other ideas other than a perimeter look. perhaps mostly black tiling with a 2 tile wide band (4 tiles wide total) of blue and gray going up the length of the garage on both left and right. or what about a checkered pattern

Thank you very much for taking the time to go through some digging online to come up with the pictures. I did a lot of research into this before pursuing, and my favorite flooring layout was the border look. I don't know why this style works, but I'm thinking it's because my garage is not that wide so this style suits it's surroundings more compared to bigger garages where you can be a little more creative and improvise some ideas in. I also like the idea of just grey with a blue stripe on top, and do not include the black stripe. All the brainstorming and opinions are finalizing my conclusion soon. :thumbsup:

Jordan_H

Reaction score

I just saw a pic on Facebook that made me realize that lemon has OCD.
Obsessive Car Detailing :rotflmao:

Back