Gas Tank

Steadycrusin401

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've recently found out that I have a gas leak from the rear end. All this happened when I swapped out my suspension for my coilovers and TL sway bar yesterday. I guess by jacking up the rear end & using my impact tools I disturbed A rusty fuel line or something. Keep in mind I live in New England and my car has 180,xxx + miles. The gas tank is wet around the rear driver side and dry on the either side. I'm trying to see if any other member encountered the same problem and might have some insite to what the problem could be? I know for sure i'm going to have to drop the gas tank anyways to find out. Def. NOT going to be FUN! womp womp...

thanks for any info.
Verak

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Dropping the gas tank isn't too bad if you have someone there to help you. I took mine out yesterday, took no more than a couple hours going really slowly through each step since I'm not an experienced mechanic.

Steadycrusin401

Reaction score
Is the wet spot directly under the tanks or near it (left side)

The wet spot is on the tank itself around where the filler neck connects to the tank. that whole side pretty much wet & it's starting to leave a couple spots on the ground. nothing too serious yet. I recently did a tank on my 88 prelude and is was holey. The prelude had 300,xxx on it. I'll get acouple pics tonight.

001Stunna

Reaction score
The wet spot is on the tank itself around where the filler neck connects to the tank. that whole side pretty much wet & it's starting to leave a couple spots on the ground. nothing too serious yet. I recently did a tank on my 88 prelude and is was holey. The prelude had 300,xxx on it. I'll get acouple pics tonight.

It could be that you just need to change the filler neck then. Remove the clips for the fuel filler protector and inspect further where the leak is originating.

Steadycrusin401

Reaction score
I guess i'll check that 1st tomorrow since its the easiest. By the time I get started sunlight is working against me. lol. Good looks.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
It could be that you just need to change the filler neck then. Remove the clips for the fuel filler protector and inspect further where the leak is originating.

This

I guess i'll check that 1st tomorrow since its the easiest. By the time I get started sunlight is working against me. lol. Good looks.

This

Steadycrusin401

Reaction score
I spent this past sunday doing the gas tank by myself(this **** was a pain in the ***)and after 2hrs i finally got it down and out of the rear subframe. the culprate was a hairline crack in the gas tank above the half way point. located where the strap holds it down to the subframe. The undercoating on the tank completey came off. FYI make sure to have 2 floor jacks.

Back