Gauge Cluster Lights out, need help

AbflugSupra

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I own a 99 2-dr accord and i've been having problems with my gauge cluster lights. my speedometer and tachometer lights are fine, but gas and heat lights are out. before the lights went out, i've replaced the oem bulbs with 168 blue led's. so, i took out the cluster, changed the bad bulbs to see if it were the bulbs, and it still isn't working. i'm confused. does it have to do anything with the bulb sockets? need some help. thanks!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Check to see if the sockets are dirty, clean with 2000 grit sand paper. Sometimes u can get corrosion or other material not allowing it to be conductive. If that does not work, check your bulbs again with a multimeter, put it on OHMs. The resistance should be low, like below 2. If its high, the bulbs are bad.

If all else fails, it might be a board problem. Those are hard to diag....you could always get a soldering iron and solder two leads from a good light socket and put them to your bulbs so u atleast have light.

paypalbid

Reaction score
also make sure the 2 copper prongs arents press down that it doesn't give a resistance/contact when insert and twist against the board. Make sure the prongs are clean.

Also some time those push in bulbs have the 2 lines on the base and if they are misaligned into the plug it can cause lack of contact. You may just want to try insert another good bulb in and see what happens.

or else try the last option as HondaLuver83 suggested.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
on LED bulbs you have to sometimes turn them around the bulb if it didnt work one way then turn the bulb and it should work

AbflugSupra

Reaction score
alright thanks guys! i will do all that was suggested! hopefully it will work but if all else fails, i'll just solder on another bulb i guess lol

Back