gauge needle removal question

Shwayzar

Reaction score
Can the needles be removed from the face? I have uv blacklights in my gauges and they dont illuminate my needles very well, so im going to...if i can remove them...remove the orange strip and repaint them flourecent orange.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I hate to rain on the parade, but...

1) Painting them will not work (the factory orange film must remain to spread the light evenly, it should only be covered with something else that is transparent enough).

2) search a bit on here and V6P, needle removal has been discussed a lot.

Last edited:

Shwayzar

Reaction score
i figured the orange served a purpose so ill just hit them with a super lite transparent coat of flourecent orange.

metrick1235

Reaction score
they can be removed.. you do have to worry about getting them back in the correct way.. or your MPH, gas, and Temp will be WAY off! good luck.. After messing mine up and having to do some very tricky fixing i would just take the front shield off and used rubbing alcohol and nail polish remover..

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Don't remove the factory coating, unless you want to spend a whole lot of effort getting things right again. I learned the hard way.

If you have to take them off, they can be a ***** to get right again. A datalogger makes it easy, that's how i did it on my last car.

Back