Gears slip With AC on... help!!

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
between the firewall and the clutch pedal should be 2-3 big washers that act as spacers.

if you do not have them on the car, your clutch pedal will always be engaged and will soon be slipping all the time

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
between the firewall and the clutch pedal should be 2-3 big washers that act as spacers.

if you do not have them on the car, your clutch pedal will always be engaged and will soon be slipping all the time

Good call badger....OP this could very well be your problem.

Erik123456789

Reaction score
wait wait im still a little confused on how the ac takes part in this?? wouldnt it be slipping even with the ac off if it was the spacers then?

this ac things so weirdddddd lol..

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
if the car is under more stress, it could cause it to slip even more.

i could be wrong, but you have no idea how many people have had similar slipping clutches after the manual swap that pm me for help

RICO

Reaction score
okay so i checked, didnt see any noticable spacers there, i could be wrong.. do you have a pic of what its supposed to look like...?
also, the engine was swapped out for a ulev v tec... but they didnt do any of the wiring work, so my v tec doesnt kick in... i bought the car with the swap already done so am finding things out after the fact...

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i dont have pictures of the spacers, but the reason for the spacers is because on manual cars, there are humps on the firewall that the pedal sits on, our auto ones do not.

you need about 1/4" of space i would say, but you need to verify everything eith the master cyl; making sure it is not engaged at all

RICO

Reaction score
i'll check it out... still not too sure what i'm looking for... like i said before, i'm no car wiz... i know some stuff, but come here to find out more... if i can fix it myself then thats better for me...

Back