Get Murdered: RX-7 Widebody Content!

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
So, a ways back my friend Alex had a Veilside widebody Fortune RX-7, Candy Apple Red.

img7806c.jpg

img7809.jpg

Unfortunately it got destroyed in an accident about 2 years ago. Since then, he's been building a car that would own the Veilside any day in comparison... see below.

Custom widebody conversion done flawlessly, as well as many other custom and performance parts. Fully built 3-rotor engine, with a turbo that will eat a 5-year old's head. 14" wide HRE's to get to an estimated 217mph maximum mark, the outcome at this point would only be limited by the transmission gear ratio in the final gear and possibly upgraded if needed.. Overall Baller Status.

IMG_8029.jpg

IMG_8031.jpg

IMG_8032.jpg

IMG_8033.jpg

IMG_8034.jpg

IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_8036.jpg

IMG_8037.jpg

Figured I'd show it off because I have become increasingly fascinated with the rotary engine.

Comments welcome!

Chorilored

Reaction score
Damn that RX-7 looks freakin sexy! thats a fatass exhaust pipe, 4"?
btw my friend has an FD also, in red. love that car and damn 3 rotors on that thing, last time i saw a youtube video of an rx7 with 3 rotors in it, it had mad power and sounded like a fkn supersaiyan popcorn machine!:aznrun:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
:drool:

His newer car is sick and obviously miles ahead of the old one in terms of performance. He's got some lofty goals but seems like he knows his stuff. But I have to say the old one just looks a ton better in terms of the color and execution, imo. The RX-7 has beautiful body lines and the black doesn't accentuate them as much as other colors.

Either way, your buddy has ridiculous skills and I’m sure this car will be a beast. Keep us updated!

Oh, and RX-7 > RX-8.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Yup, def RX-7>RX-8!

That is 4" straight through exhaust :)

This car was actually built with way more consideration to detail than the Veilside, but you're right Chris - the paint job on the Veilside is unmatched, it was like a $12,000 paint job on that thing. The interior, even though it was Ferrari leather, was build shoddily, with glue seen on the edges where the upholstery is adhered. The custom panels in it were also not done to perfection for this caliber of a car. Whereas, the interior of the new black one is pretty much near perfect. I agree with other colors bringing out the true lines on this beauty, but Alex was going for the sleeper murdered out look to attract the least attention possible. He is also installing a black intercooler to hide better in the dark ;).

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I completely understand, and applaud what he's doing. Always warms my heart to see an old RX-7 getting new life. Please keep this thread updated if you can, such an awesome car.

Black intercooler w/black piping too I'm guessing...:drool:

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Love the rx7 widebody. I hate the looks of the new Fd but i love the performance. 217mph? How could he figure that out?

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Don't ask me, ask him.. I have no idea lol. I'm guessing the amount of boost he's going to push as well as the size of turbo and weight of the car and gear ratios of the transmission. He's not one known for bullsh*t though, he takes ESPECIALLY cars - VERY seriously. And guns :hihi:.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Don't ask me, ask him.. I have no idea lol. I'm guessing the amount of boost he's going to push as well as the size of turbo and weight of the car and gear ratios of the transmission. He's not one known for bullsh*t though, he takes ESPECIALLY cars - VERY seriously. And guns :hihi:.

What his budget? He must make bank to be able to afford all that. Also he should help you make your car a beast

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Back