Getting a noise when turning right

chino581991

Reaction score
This has been happening for a while now, when I crank my wheel to the right, the right front end of my car makes a weird noise, doesn't happen when I turn left. Could this be a ball joint issue? Needs to be replaced?

It's not affecting the way my car drives or anything, the sound is just annoying since I hear every sound my car makes now since the radio died :doh2:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
"Weird noise" isn't really descriptive enough to infer what the problem may be. Could be anything from suspension parts needing replaced to the fender liner rubbing on the tire.

chino581991

Reaction score
"Weird noise" isn't really descriptive enough to infer what the problem may be. Could be anything from suspension parts needing replaced to the fender liner rubbing on the tire.

Sorry, not really sure what the best way to describe it is but it's a light screech. Happens only when I turn right but not when it turns back (Ill double check if it makes the sound when the wheel turns back when I get home)

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
screech? check your PS pump. at a stop, turn your steering wheel all the way to the left and right. The pump should screech

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Wheel bearing, cv joint, suspension, ball joints, PS pump could be any of the above.
The more descriptive you are the better chance of some one telling you what the problem is.
A sound clip would be great if you are having a hard time describing it. Good luck

agginline86

Reaction score
screech? check your PS pump. at a stop, turn your steering wheel all the way to the left and right. The pump should screech

are you v6 or i4?
if 4 cyl, the PS pump is on the drivers side
are you sure the sound is coming from the passenger side?
and does the sound get louder or speed up while accelerating through turns ?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
screech4.jpg

Make a sound clip.

chino581991

Reaction score
Yea I'm sure its coming from the passenger side. Also I have an i4. I only hear the sound when I'm driving really slow like when trying to park. While I'm driving at normal speeds, I don't hear it. And to clarify from my earlier post, my car does make the sound slightly when the wheel turns back

Not sure how to make a sound clip, any help on how to do it would be great

Back