getting a tranny swapped in the Pittsburgh area...

chriskarel

Reaction score
Does anybody know a good shop in the Pittsburgh area that will do a tranny swap? I really don't have the time/skill/resources to do it myself.

Along this topic, does the tranny swap make a difference? It's so damn boring to drive with the auto. I'm hoping that if I swap to a 5spd, it'll keep me from having to buy an STi.

chriskarel

Reaction score
PS I have NO idea how to even start getting all the required parts...I found trannies on eBay for reasonable prices. I would like to get upgraded clutch and flywheel too. Then I guess I need the OEM cables/wiring? Help:confused:

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Drive to crazy rays in Baltimore, u can get yourself a k series with a tranny and turbo for 500 including everything

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Have you read the 5spd threads on here? They have alot of helpful information that should fill in some of the holes for you. Try to get a lightly used flywheel if you can, they are expensive new.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Drive to crazy rays in Baltimore, u can get yourself a k series with a tranny and turbo for 500 including everything

What the **** ??? I wtf'd so bad I had to type it out ..

A boosted k swap with tranny for $500 ?????? Is that even enough to cover labor ?!

Halabeaster54

Reaction score

What the **** ??? I wtf'd so bad I had to type it out ..

A boosted k swap with tranny for $500 ?????? Is that even enough to cover labor ?!

1500***

Back