Getting Full Exhaust System..O2 Sensor Question

chiaxi2002

Reaction score
Ok, since spring is coming soon I am planning on getting a full exhaust system (headers to muffler). I know we have 2 o2 sensors, but I have been told that only the first one effects the car's performance and not the second one. If this is true, could I just remove the 2nd o2 sensor and not use it at all? I know this will probably throw a code, but that won't be a problem if it doesn't put my car in limp mode or anything. Another reason why I might not be using the 2nd o2 sensor is that there is a chance the after-market catalytic converter I'm planning to buy doesn't have the hole for it. Any input would be great.

I'm planning to go with maybe a 2.5inch or 3.0inch catalytic converter and 2.5inch piping for the rest of the exhaust. Are header piping all similar to each other? If they are I might just by any 4-2-1 style header.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
uh i think you're actually going to be losing power getting a full exhaust system due to lack of backpessure so that shouldn't be your number one concern. if you're in it purely for sound, then id just go with megan 4 2 1s with a megan test pipe, and then getting your choice of exhaust.. you won't pass smog if you lose the second o2 anyways, so might aswell just get the test pipe and swap it in and out with your stock cat.

changaroo

Reaction score
backpressure is a myth.

an o2 bung can be easily welded onto any exhaust system, no point in removing your 2nd o2 just because your exhaust system doesnt come with a bung.

Back