Ghetto flip-flop trunk

acrod99

Reaction score
This is how i did my flip-flop trunk for $2.50. I know the welds are crappy and i never cleaned and painted everything, but i designed and made it in about an hour, so whatever. The cf one is going on as soon as i cut my stocker off. These pics are just with the trunk normal-bolted on. If you remove the bolts, it folds down, and rests on the supports i made.

The hinges i got at a hardware store for the $2.50-just steel inch wide hinges for a pivot point. I gotta say it ain't pretty, but it does the job.

Don't ya love the un-painted lip kit? Hahaha

acrod99

Reaction score
Haha-i'm d-u-m dumb. Could an admin move this to show mods? Thanks

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
lol... that's wat i call creative :p good job man... and u getting a cf trunk?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
nice, i was actually thinking of getting his a while ago, but i decided to put my money towards music in my car, haha, plus i didnt have it all when i was talkin to him about it.

acrod99

Reaction score
It's cool and all but it got damaged in shippin and the spoiler's pretty well f'd. But as all my friends and i say 'it's a freakin carbon fiber trunk! who cares?'

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Yep you could do that if you wanted too. This is the first time looking at your car and it's very clean. I always wanted to know you could ghetto rig the flip trunk thing lol.

acrod99

Reaction score
Haha-need a ghetto-rig? just ask me! Haha Those pics are old as hell. My lip kit's glossy black now, and besides-it's better in person anyway.

Back