GLOW gauges

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Man I really want one of these, but I'm a little too scared to install it myself lol. It's all because of my horrifyingly stupid mistake I made on my last speedometer. I got these gauges before and tried to install it myself (I was a huge n00b back then), and I took out ALL my needles, thinking that's what I had to do to put it on. I also didn't even know what the stickers were for that they gave, so I used Elmer's glue to put the gauges on. It never sticked, so I took it off, put the needles in, and plugged it into my car. None of the gauges ever worked properly again. So I had to buy a new one :(

xdj2fierc3x

Reaction score

I did mines sorta like that but I took off all the needles. At the time I had many tools available to me, such as a smog test machine so I can measure the correct speed, and knowing that I usually drive 80MPH rpm hits close to 3000rpm. I also made sure that the gas tank was full so that it was F when i put it back in. Hard part was getting the temperature to read correctly but somehow I got that to work. O for your reference, when you "test" your gauges when the car is running before you reinstall them, make sure you at least screw the frame back in because it will mess up the needles even if you slide them over. I don't know if it makes sense but yeah. And turn down the illumination of the original bulbs because your new gauges arent gonna look that great with them on high, and yes it will dim the clock as well. knock yourself out.

Last edited:

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i just received mine and did it according to that website but nothing lights up. i stripped the red wire and just jammed it into the plug as it says. the ground i wrapped around and then tightened.

only thing is my inverter has 4 female plugs while my gauges only has 3 male plugs (1 for each panel gauge). what do i do with the 4th female plug? it shouldn't create a closed circuit should it? anywhere else i can wire my power wire to that's a positive current because i do not have a multimeter.

I4 CG5

Reaction score
You're inverter is probably a universal one, most of them are. You can splice the power into any wire that becomes hot when the headlights are on. You can use a light tester to see which ones are hot

Back