goin to build a f23!!!!!

2001 accord

Reaction score
so i am going to start my build shortly.
:bisimoto stage 2.4/3 cam
:port and polished head
:crower rods
:stock crank?
:full block build
:decided to use the h22 trans, need a little more info
:aem stand alone ecu
will start with the head work first then to the block itself

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
hope you got some deep pockets. what info do you need on the h22 trans?

2001 accord

Reaction score
do i use the f23 clutch setup or the h22 clutch, meaning fly wheel and clutch?
or should i do a f23 lower with a h22 head? or as its called a g23-g22?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
f22, f23, h23, h22 clutches/flywheels are all the same

if you are doubting what to do on your own build, i reccomend doing a bit of research before spending another dollar.

akoutmos

Reaction score
^ what he said.

The best way to go about building a car is a lot of research and a thorough plan of everything that you are going to do. That way you minimize mistakes. And mistakes always equal more money.

turboaccord98

Reaction score
It doesn't sound like your'e very prepared. I would definitely wait to decide anything until you do more research. First off, you should decide on power goals. If you want to make a ton of power then going N/A probably isn't the best way to do it. Let us know what you plan to use your car for(Daily driver, occasional track day or autox, both etc.) These are all things that need to be considered.

akoutmos

Reaction score
OBDII is just a group of ECU communication protocols. The thing with most OBDII ECUs is that they are read only. Can't flash or re-write them. So basically the program (the tune) that is in there is not changing. Some DSM, Nissan, Mazda, and some K series ECUs are reflashable (to name a few).

Accord ECUs are not flashable or reprogrammable, at least i have never seen it done. I'm sure it is possible, but unless you are a leet hacker or electrical/computer engineer, its not happening any time soon.

People switch to chipped OBDI ECUs because there are many different ways to program and configure them (also known as tuning). A couple options to name are crome, hondata, neptune, uberdata, etc.

ECUs like AEM, Hyrda, Motec have nothing to do with ODBI or OBDII since they don't follow the standards for onboard diagnostics. Usually they offer no kind of diagnostics since they are meant for racing applications and the installer should know what they are doing.

Last edited:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
noticed the ? next to the words "stock crankshaft." Use it, it'll be fine. its forged from the factory.

Latest posts

Back