goldenchamp's '01 EX Sedan (5MT)

goldenchamp

Reaction score
Good start, I like the future plans.

Save the stick decal :thumbsup:

Thanks! That means a lot. Gotta rep the stick! :)

I've also added red "H" tire caps with chrome stem sleeves. The Sleeves themselves are juuuuust a little long for the cap threads, but the tire caps seem to be secure.

B16AAE5D-C36C-412B-A4BA-F831B31B2F84_zpsgy5evwmm.jpg

9A997741-00FC-485E-9381-C551FE38D54A_zpswtuhaybs.jpg

Last edited:

goldenchamp

Reaction score
I got more stuff in the mail today :D

Black and red "H" center caps

IMG_2382_zpsbbafkphk.jpg

I think they add a subtle pop to the car.

IMG_2381_zpsohzpfyrt.jpg

They'll definitely look better once I get these wheels

acura-cl-wheels.jpg

I also got a red "H" for the steering wheel..and I love it!

IMG_2385_zps1n1sj3y6.jpg

It's a nice touch to the interior

IMG_2384_zpscaa585rs.jpg

While I'm at it, I'll post a couple pics of my suede shift boot...

IMG_2388_zpsceeo1gl5.jpg

....and my S2000 style shift knob

IMG_2387_zps5besl15a.jpg

Oh, and I hit 175K this morning!

26345566-FB49-4186-8A19-ACF5D709DD48_zpsj0kd0ug9.jpg

Last edited:

goldenchamp

Reaction score
Got something new in the mail! After working long and hard to finish it, I now have a switchblade key thanks to the DIY in this forum. A word of caution: don't just take this key anywhere. Take this to a LOCKSMITH that specializes in AUTOMOTIVE keys! I almost ruined the key blade by taking it to Ace.

C3DC1846-F447-4069-84B3-74B690A23243_zpsielwirs6.jpg

I had to get the red emblem :)

3CA214FB-F6DA-425B-8731-876BF8EF0D28_zpshuhnx9vh.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
All about that red emblem lol.

Congrats on the switchblade conversion. Where did you get the little red H decal for it?

goldenchamp

Reaction score
All about that red emblem lol.

Congrats on the switchblade conversion. Where did you get the little red H decal for it?

I found it on eBay from a guy in Canada, but he isn't selling them anymore. :( It's too bad, he could have really gotten some good business from the 6GA guys trying out this conversion!

goldenchamp

Reaction score
Here's a preview of some cosmetic changes to come!

This is an exact size fit for the rear trunk badge on the '01-'02 Sedans
A040F1AE-CCCD-4A16-80B5-0B56411D73FC_zpsc1jitb5w.jpg

A few weeks ago, she started randomly losing hydraulic pressure in the clutch when not pressed hard enough, which makes me think that air is in the system somewhere. I don't think it's the clutch master cylinder or clutch slave cylinder mainly because they were replaced in the last 18 months. The default is for the clutch to be engaged, so I haven't worried about it, but a trip to the dealer for an oil change and 175K service revealed that the clutch fluid is almost black! I'm hoping a simple fluid flush will cure the hydraulic pressure issue.

goldenchamp

Reaction score
I got my red rear emblem in the mail a couple days ago and decided to install it today. Part number 75701-S1A-E11ZB is the exact same size as the old rear emblem on the '01-'02 Sedans.

Apologies for the crappy photos...

The old emblem has two pins that hold it in place. As per the Honda recommended technique shown here, I used some dental floss to get the old badge off. The new badge simply sticks on with 3M tape.
IMG_2412_zpslupinsn3.jpg

The result is nice and subtle.
IMG_2410_zpsjuygmb4l.jpg

The only down side is that the trunk is ever so slightly curved, so I'm still trying to figure out how to get the entire thing to stick.
IMG_2413_zpsqojvixbi.jpg

xci.ed6

Reaction score
peel it off, clean it up, Then re-stick it with a double layer of tape. The extra area to flex usually helps it seat.

You do get a bit of thickness, before I've colored the edges with a sharpie, black. After sticking the tape on the emblem, before pulling the back to stick the emblem on the car.

I've even used this on emblems that were bolt-on type to fill any gaps, with the bolts also.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You could use a thicker tape toward the outer edges where the badge is not making full contact with the trunk lid. Or the better thing to do may be to try a smaller badge.

goldenchamp

Reaction score
You could use a thicker tape toward the outer edges where the badge is not making full contact with the trunk lid. Or the better thing to do may be to try a smaller badge.

I'm gonna order some 3M automotive tape at some point and add a layer on the bottom.

I'm kicking myself for this next part. My clutch hydraulics started losing hydraulic pressure a couple months ago when the clutch pedal was held down. I was pretty sure that it wasn't the clutch master cylinder or clutch slave cylinder, since they had been recently replaced. I thought maybe a clutch flush would cure the problem, but it didn't. (wasted $85 on that one :banghead: ) I called the mechanic that did the cmc and csc repair 18 months ago, and he said that he would take a look at it, but it would have been nice to have seen it with the old fluid. What this means is that I probably won't get anything from the failed parts, and will probably have to drop over $600 again to fix this.

Luckily the car is drivable as it is with no clutch slipping.

Back