Good ol wastegate question

lmayoral2191

Reaction score
Now im just curious if anybody on here has ever ran this ebay wastegate called Emusa 38mm 2 bolt design. I've tried looking up on Google and mostly found people that talk out of there *** lol. I want actual feed back from 1st hand experiences.

F23accordowner

Reaction score
here it is simple, you want good parts for certain things. Ebay headlights work just as good as oem (mostly) but ebay wastegates are not in the same quality control standards that more expensive brands go for. they look great function most of the time, but have a much higher fail rate, and do not last quite as long as lets say a Tial wastegate. I have all brand name parts that are essential to the operation of such a costly investment. the wastegate is THE MOST important part of the turbo system. A failure there normally resuslts in catastrophic failure. Now im not saying that you cant have other parts fail and produce a failure but the operation of the wastegate is critical in a turbo application. Therefore i only choose quality when it comes to things like that.
Remember the old saying "Fast, Cheap, Reliable" you can only pick 2.

lmayoral2191

Reaction score
Good point. But my whole perspective is...I've used big brand names on my car. Exedy clutch, springs fell out of it. Ksport coil springs braking after 20k. Turbonetics turbo failed after 4k miles on my buddy's car and his ebay turbo still kicking *** in the kc area lol but he does run a tial gate. I've taken brand new moog and national bearings with factory defects. Im just saying, half the time it's just names names names

xci.ed6

Reaction score
here it is simple, you want good parts for certain things. Ebay headlights work just as good as oem (mostly) but ebay wastegates are not in the same quality control standards that more expensive brands go for. they look great function most of the time, but have a much higher fail rate, and do not last quite as long as lets say a Tial wastegate. I have all brand name parts that are essential to the operation of such a costly investment. the wastegate is THE MOST important part of the turbo system. A failure there normally resuslts in catastrophic failure. Now im not saying that you cant have other parts fail and produce a failure but the operation of the wastegate is critical in a turbo application. Therefore i only choose quality when it comes to things like that.
Remember the old saying "Fast, Cheap, Reliable" you can only pick 2.

Add one, "Fast, Cheap, Reliable, Smart" pick 3.

Back