Good quality radiator other than OEM?

maximus2k

Reaction score
So, I think the OEM radiator on my 1998 4 cylinder accord is leaking at the top plastic part. Are there other alternative radiator brands that isn't 300.00$ (OEM radiator price).

Or can I fix the plastic part of the radiator to stop it from leaking?

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
I replaced mine with the tyc radiator and it been working great for two years, no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kleen98accord

Reaction score
I'm running a Megan one in my S2000. 3 years and zero issues. Rad cap was flawless too, since those are usually faulty with most non-oem rads.

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
I've been looking into grabbing a mishimoto for mine. I've heard nothing but good things and I have good buddy with a sponsorship that says he can get me a sweet deal.

Last edited:

Brad2274

Reaction score
just put an advance auto oem type radiator in my brothers 02 4cyl, it was leaking at the same spot, cost about $100.
also replaced that lower transmission cooler metal hose/splitter near the bottom of the radiator because it was about to rust out.

HomerJay

Reaction score
I've been looking into grabbing a mishimoto for mine. I've heard nothing but good things and I have good buddy with a sponsorship that says he can get me a sweet deal.
I certainly hope my second one is better than the first that leaked. Manufacturing defects are to be expected to some degree, though.

I can say their lifetime warranty is painless. Only $27 and I had a new one on my doorstep later that week.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
This might be the best place to ask this, as it falls in similar lines with the original topic. Anyone here tried swapping out their OEM radiator for a halfcore from a Civic or similar car? Was considering doing this, and using the fans as a pusher/puller combo...

Back