goodbye accord... hellooo????

781_CG6

Reaction score
lol nah im a guy, i just say soccer mom, cuz i drive my nephews, nieces, sister in law and girlfriend and her aunt around everywhere, all the time. 15% of the time of me driving is spent on myself. so i spend alot of time in the car. i mean the accord is great and it does good in snow, only time i have problems with the accord is when im in snow from a stop, traction for some how is hard to get i have to take like 1 whole min to gas it slowly from stop or else my tires wont grab.... yeah... i love subaru, but the thought of maintence of all the differentials and stuff is beginning to make me stay away from it.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
it's not like they are known to go bad. how often do you maintain a diff anyway?

just going to say this though, my bro has the 02 wrx and has NO major problems meaning engine never blew, tranny never gave, diffs never had problems. it really is how you drive..he is a mellow driver, spirited at times. the same car can be dead in a month if some idiot drove it.

what i think would be your best bet though is an suv/crossover. enough clearance for snow, fwd/awd, enough room for you and your family.

silverbullet99

Reaction score
as a mechanic, I'd buy a honda pilot or a CRV just because they're a little more reliable and easier to work on than the subarus are.

Ralphie

Reaction score
as a mechanic, I'd buy a honda pilot or a CRV just because they're a little more reliable and easier to work on than the subarus are.

Ding.

That is what im getting my wife so that she will have AWD WHEN SHE NEEDS IT and the rest of the year its just like any other car.

And im talking about the newer CR-V's.

highway_patrol

Reaction score
IF you decide on a Suby, the Forester from 98-08 is built on the same chassis as the Impreza. The Forester vs a WRX or Impreza wagon in space is close though it is a little more off road friendly. Motor wise the 02-05 WRX had the EJ205 which made 227bhp and 217 lb-ft. The newer 2006-2008 WRX AND the 03-08 Forester XT both weer equipped with the EJ255 with makes 224bhp and 226lb-ft. The newer 09-10 WRX GT and the 11+ WRX have a different variant of the EJ255 which makes 265bhp and 244lb-ft. This is all from the power standpoint. Aside certain parts, most WRX performance parts will fit a Forester.

The whole Forester XT vs a WRX wagon is personal preference, also sometimes having an N/A car is better in the snow because the wheelspin issue isn't as bad because the power delivery is more linear and more easily modulated. I know I'm not the only SUby owner on here and I don't post much but I try to help with what I can, If you have any questions shoot me a PM or email. Nasioc for Subys is a great place to go but be forewarned they are huge a-holes

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
Ding.

That is what im getting my wife so that she will have AWD WHEN SHE NEEDS IT and the rest of the year its just like any other car.

And im talking about the newer CR-V's.

i live the new cr-vs, throw some beefer rims and tires , and id say its perfect,

actually that the only thing wrong with it, is how small tha rims and tires look

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
if you're hauling kids and people suv's are much better for that, especially if you only need awd/4wd, you can get one that is 2wd with the option of 4, better gas mileage when you need it and additional traction when you need it

but as ryan said, any front engine car with fwd and good winter tires will do you just fine

Back