Got my block back...(finally)

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can get more power out of a lower boost setting with the higher compression. Should theoretically spool faster. Still kinda risky though.

Last edited:

Sonnick

Reaction score
Wow..why would you get such high compression and boost? I understand it's built so it can handle a certain amount of power but Greg is right, you can get way more power using lower compression and boosting the sh!t out of it.

Do you really want to increase the chance on detonating an engine you put this much work into?

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
i think what greg was saying was that only running 8-15 lbs of boost will give you more power with high compression pistons than low compression pistons, but i'm not sure

Sonnick

Reaction score
I misunderstood. You're saying if I got 9:1 compression pistons, fully built and ran 25 psi that I would get less power than 11:1 compression pistons with 10-12 psi... :confused:

turboputz

Reaction score
No that's not what he's saying.
12 psi with 11:1 comp will yield more power than 12 psi with 9:1 comp.
With higher compression, at the same boost level, you make more power .
Advantages are better boost response and better off boost power.

Sonnick

Reaction score
No that's not what he's saying.
12 psi with 11:1 comp will yield more power than 12 psi with 9:1 comp.
With higher compression, at the same boost level, you make more power .
Advantages are better boost response and better off boost power.
Ooooh. Well duh, lol. Okay I get it, I was confused for a minute. Thanks for clearing that up.

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
what are the pro's to running a set-up like yours

if you mean high CP with low boost? from what I have gathered, this will cause the turbo to spool up much faster. also I can run a smaller t3/t4 turbo because I will not need as much boost. which will spool up even faster. at some point I will switch out the rods and crank with that from the H23 to stoke the engine for more torque.

Sonnick

Reaction score
if you mean high CP with low boost? from what I have gathered, this will cause the turbo to spool up much faster. also I can run a smaller t3/t4 turbo because I will not need as much boost. which will spool up even faster. at some point I will switch out the rods and crank with that from the H23 to stoke the engine for more torque.
Torque. Yayy :)

Back