GPS mounting locations

Therock249

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a new gps navigation unit, something like a magellan or tom-tom. If I do, I would defintely want to mount it out of the way, just so I'm not like every other person that just sticks it to the middle of the windshield. Anyone here have theirs in maybe top left of windshield, or like the storage spot behind the shifter? Looking for recommendations and pics if anyone has them!

AccordFlex

Reaction score
I keep my TomTom mounted to the left side of my windshield right above the dash about 4 inches clearance. I absolutely love the location because its out of the way but still in your line of sight.

ActNow

Reaction score
An in-dash gps navigation unit would solve all your problems.:cool:

But I think the windshield mount gps's would have to mounted on the windshield so they can recieve the optimum signal from the satalite.

Therock249

Reaction score
Yea I just got a new jvc avx-810 in dash but it doesn't have navigation; figured I wouldn't use it that much lol..

Accordflex - do u have any difficulty typing in addresses with ur left hand? Or is it really not a factor?

Stile442

Reaction score
I've got a TomTom 920 and I mounted it in the cubby behind the shifter and below the head unit. I love having it there because its not on my windshield. I'll try and get some pics tonight if you want.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
167pl34.jpg

AccordFlex

Reaction score
I dont even have to use my left hand. Its still easily accessible with your right hand which is even better.

Therock249

Reaction score
Oooh I like that pic...any chance it folds upward to hide when u park ur car? Does it get in the way of 3rd gear or is urs an auto?

Dtownz Thrillah

Reaction score
I had a Navigon mounted on the lower left, perfect location and doesnt look tacky, I never entered addys while driving since its dangerous and then I got rid of it since it was still tacky looking to me. Then I got myself a present and got a Pioneer in dash F series navi :D

One of the best dollars spent on my car thus far. It goes oem kit > retrofit > in dash navi

Back