Grinding/rubbing noise?

holy_butts

Reaction score
For the past few days, my Accord has been making a grinding noise when being driven. I can feel the grinding/rubbing in the floorboard. It's coming from the front, driver's side in the wheel well. I had it looked at today and the mechanic noticed that the axle was coming apart so he replaced it. He said he didn't notice anything else that seemed wrong. The new axle did nothing to stop the noise.

Any idea what this could be? My initial thought was that it was brake related but the mechanic said they looked ok. He said he wants to further check out the bearings but I have doubts about that being the issue because the noise occurs whether or not I'm turning the wheel. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Listen to it w/ mic on clip to place outside and headphones.

Move clip lmk whats loud.

Drew707

Reaction score
Check if the brake dust boot is rubbing on any part of the rotor. Check the pads maybe theyre just about to be done grinding on rotor. Jack the car grab the wheel and try n move it horizontally could be a bad bearing.

holy_butts

Reaction score
i've had it looked at 4 times now and it's always the same answer; no one else can hear a noise. checked the bearings, no play in the wheels and the noise doesn't change when i turn either way. the brakes still have about 45% on them. rotated the tires to see if maybe it was the tire or wheel. the noise didn't move with it. very frustrated.

Gman86

Reaction score
its very difficult to pin point the source of a sound when your driving....might sound like its wheelwell but could easily be coming from under the hood or on the pass side.

Last edited:

PyRoAccord

Reaction score
For the past few days, my Accord has been making a grinding noise when being driven. I can feel the grinding/rubbing in the floorboard. It's coming from the front, driver's side in the wheel well. I had it looked at today and the mechanic noticed that the axle was coming apart so he replaced it. He said he didn't notice anything else that seemed wrong. The new axle did nothing to stop the noise.

Any idea what this could be? My initial thought was that it was brake related but the mechanic said they looked ok. He said he wants to further check out the bearings but I have doubts about that being the issue because the noise occurs whether or not I'm turning the wheel. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

I've been having the same problem. I noticed mine occur when I turn slightly to the right sometimes even straight coming out of like a right merge. I haven't done anything about it but I've jus been keeping up with this thread to see of we find out something. I can also feel it in the steering wheel so maybe steering? I have no clue

Back