Ground Control Help

Namboyz

Reaction score
do you know what honda calls them? cause i understand that we use the top hats. is that what your talking about?

i'd rather not spend 20 bucks a piece at GC.

thanks finch for the help

matty2013

Reaction score
Check this part on Majestic Honda, its only $3.09
36560 009 002 RUBBER, FR. SPRING MOUNTING

Part #9
13s8201b28.png

It's the same one I used, but I found the GC spring is not THAT much bigger than the opening on the Honda Rubber piece and if not centered properly it slips through, anyone have any insight to solve this?

Namboyz

Reaction score
^^^ please!! if anything im supposed to order from GC. and thier charging me 94 for just some rubber pieces.

also would honda carry them?

Namboyz

Reaction score
but im definitely gonna go to honda and try it out. lol bring with me the coilover into the parts department lol

matt_glesn

Reaction score
man i used to have ground controls. the spring was so narrow that i couldnt fit my shock dust covers on so ran without them which was a huge mistake, brand new tokico blues went to **** with all the dirt that got in them and had to replace shocks again within a couple years, got lowering springs and im more happy with them, smoother ride.

finch13

Reaction score
It's the same one I used, but I found the GC spring is not THAT much bigger than the opening on the Honda Rubber piece and if not centered properly it slips through, anyone have any insight to solve this?

My H&R's went into them hard as well, nothing to worry about. Just use silicone grease to help them out.

^^^ please!! if anything im supposed to order from GC. and thier charging me 94 for just some rubber pieces.

also would honda carry them?

Huh? Get the Honda ones, the GC ones are pricey because they're poly, not rubber.

You have to remember that the GC top mounts have to fit in the schock towers, so everything is about the same size as the OEM parts. If it doesn't work, you lost $12 in parts. Make sure you get the front and rears, they're different sizes. Honda screwed up and gave me 4 front ones last time.

Namboyz

Reaction score
thanks matt. for the info. i actually dont have the dust covers as well and ive been on springs for the past year or so and the shocks seem to be holding up. but ill definitely look into what you mentioned. =)

and Finch. do you think that the rubber will act the same as the poly? cause the guy who sold it said he heard a lot of noise and that was why he was selling it. he never used the top poly hats cause he never had them. i still have my oem rubber caps. would that work then without buying new ones?

Back