h22 passing emisions?

filthy1337

Reaction score
Hi, first post but i have been reading for a few months, I haven't been able to find any info about h22 swaps passing emissions. Is it as simple as an ob2 conversion or would I have do disable cels with a computer mod......yes i searched

nyknick1015

Reaction score
if its obd2... just make sure it doesnt throw a CEL and ur good... i dont think they check like that, if its obd1, it will still pass as long as it goes thru emissions with out any extra smog...

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
uuhh.. obd1 = automatic fail :eh:

making a h22 obd2 is a bit*h, but it's doable... i'd just go thru a ref and have him approve the swap. he'll approve it as long as the swap:

a. utilizes the same obd (obd2 should saty obd2)
b. the motor is newer or as old as ur car

Egi7

Reaction score
The only way you are going to pass emissions is to buy the Euro-R motor, F20B or a 98-newer prelude SH motor. Not only must it be obd2 but it has to be your year or newer, if not, it isn't legal....lol. Sucks i know.

-Mike

Jazzman210

Reaction score
you could just drop it so low to were it wont make it in the lane and get a pass lol

Jazzman210

Reaction score
you could just lower it so low that it would not make it into the service lane and they might give you a pass lol.....j/k

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Everyone is not from MD :) Also I got your PM Jazzman210 everything is coming out ok man. But to do a OBD2 h22 it won't be easy and it will cost you more then going JDM OBD1. Trust me I know the pain down to finding the right ecu it was hell.

Back