h22/prelude question?

mxjoe388

Reaction score
ok so ive been lookin into gettin a lude.wanted a 92 si but now im lookin at a 97.my question is when i look them up on like cars.com or ebay or autotrader some say h22 red top and some say h22 blue top.other than the obvious color difference on the valve cover what differences are there?
thanks in advance

deucescorner

Reaction score
H22A red top from Prelude Type S
As for the blue top, not sure if it's even an H22, maybe it's just got a painted valve cover, other blue top I know of is the F20B from Accord Sir or Sir-T

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
More often than not they just swapped valve covers and are using that as a gimmick to jack up the price. Unless they have some sort of documentation to verify that their motor is a "blue" or "red" top, don't believe it.

mxjoe388

Reaction score
yea then after the pa meet i went to pick up my new car (92 lude)and the guy showed me how much power it had.and hit a square edge curb and snapped an axle and ****ed it all up.so i didnt sell it.now i found a 97 for 3500. 180,xxx put a new motor and its fresh

ubik

Reaction score
I had my H22A JDM lude for eight years. Don't be afraid to floor it at every opportunity!! I used to have my shift light set just above the rev limiter. I had some good races with type R's I all ways won you've got to love the H22A.
lights020.jpg

lights019.jpg

deucescorner

Reaction score
I had my H22A JDM lude for eight years. Don't be afraid to floor it at every opportunity!! I used to have my shift light set just above the rev limiter. I had some good races with type R's I all ways won you've got to love the H22A.
lights020.jpg

lights019.jpg

looks good, I see you kept the same wheels for the accord, nice. Ever dynoed the lude? what were you running

ubik

Reaction score
Never had it dynoed but the JDM H22A is high compression compared to the EDM
I think as standard it's 189 or 198 then I had HKS cat back system, DC sports induction kit and a few other bits for a few more horses so I'd guess just over 200.

Back