h22 swap help ( IAC)

jaron001

Reaction score
so ive searched for a while and no one on this site or any other has fully answered this question for the f23

when going from 3 wire to a 2 wire IAC what pin do you need to change at the ecu and do you just match the YEL/BLK and BLUE/BLK wires and delete the BLK wire from the harness.

Drift

Reaction score
so ive searched for a while and no one on this site or any other has fully answered this question for the f23

when going from 3 wire to a 2 wire IAC what pin do you need to change at the ecu and do you just match the YEL/BLK and BLUE/BLK wires and delete the BLK wire from the harness.

12v from the yel/blk and the blu/blk goes to the ecu. The black is no longer needed.

jaron001

Reaction score
cool so i match the bul/blk to the other blu/blk and the yel black i cut and run it to tthe battery?

Drift

Reaction score
cool so i match the bul/blk to the other blu/blk and the yel black i cut and run it to tthe battery?

Dont cut the yel/blk. its already a 12v source from the main relay.

Its funny answering the same questions in both a PM and in a thread.

jaron001

Reaction score
Dont cut the yel/blk. its already a 12v source from the main relay.

Its funny answering the same questions in both a PM and in a thread.

i did it that way in case you didnt come back on lol thanks for the help bro and this should help some people

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
So for this, you use the stock 3-wire pigtail and just splice the black wire out? Or is this for when you splice in the 2-wire pigtail?

I used the 2-wire IACV and pigtail, wired yel/blk to yel/blk, blu/blk to blu/blk, and grounded out the pure black wire. My idle sucks balls. What did I do wrong?

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
So for this, you use the stock 3-wire pigtail and just splice the black wire out? Or is this for when you splice in the 2-wire pigtail?

I used the 2-wire IACV and pigtail, wired yel/blk to yel/blk, blu/blk to blu/blk, and grounded out the pure black wire. My idle sucks balls. What did I do wrong?

Did you bolt your IACV to the intake manifold ? Or did you leave it hanging somewhere in the engine bay. If in fact you left it hanging you need to plug both sides of the air injection port on the stock iacv and intake manifold.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I connected both coolant lines where they need to go on it, and bolted the 2-wire IACV to the F23 manifold using the blacktraxx blockoff plate. I made sure to seal everything well, there are no leaks.

Drift

Reaction score
Whats your idle doing? Is it bouncing around? are you stalling?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
It holds most of the time, but on a cold start, or after a bit of driving even, it starts bouncing until after one or two bounces it dies because it falls so low. Sometimes it evens out, sometimes it doesn't and the car dies.

Back