h22 swap help!!!

jaron001

Reaction score
ok i have a few problems and need help.

1. the car will not start it sounds like it wants to but just never fires up, turns fine however

i want to double check my wiring with some one who has done the swap (dizzy and ALT) my 96 h22a alt wires matched the f22 harness color for color so i matched them. for the dizzy

DIZZY
h22 f23
blu/yel -- white
yel/grn -- yel/grn
blu/grn -- blue
wht/blu -- red
org -- yel
white -- black
org/blu -- grn

DIZZY POWER and rpm lead

Yel/blk yel/blk
blu to tach sig (nep)

ALT

h22 f23

wht/grn "
yel/blk "
wht/red "
wht/blu "

and finally the yel/blk wire that connects to the vss, pri o2, alt, 2nd o2 and evap system. what ecu pin should it run to the service manual says its VPSOL and only list AT vehicles as having it but it dose not say for mt where it should go.

i checked my fuel system thats all fine so im under the impression that it is the alt or the dizzy.

please help asap

Last edited:

Drift

Reaction score
That blk/yel wire is simply a power source, I think you figured that out. It doesnt run to the ecu, it goes to the sensors.

And as for the dizzy wiring, Ill have to wait until I get to work to look at my manuals. I'll report back in a bit.

jaron001

Reaction score
:crazyrun: lol im gettin so anxious!!! car started up after a few cranks ran for about 5 seconds then died i wont keep a stable idle. sooo i checked the plugs for fuel they are wet so i know its getting fuel.

oh yea the motor revs crazy fast i tried to rev it to get it to stay running a little blip of the throttle SOB was at 5k goddammn clutch master flywheel :chucklesfawk:

jaron001

Reaction score
pulled the cel codes i got iac and ect. so im thinking its more the iac. my blk/yel wire is just a 12v source that tires in with various other sensors. and the blu/blk goes to ecu pin A9

drift i asked you bout this already lol do you mind going over it again with me. also did you change any pins at the ecu for this

Drift

Reaction score
Alright, on the f23 harness, the IAT wire colors are red/yel and grn/blk. The ECT wire colors are red/wht and grn/blk. Aside from them being fairly far apart on the harness, the wire colors can look very, very similar. The fan wires should be grn/blk and black. That and the ECT are easy to fck up.

And was your car and auto? Because if you have A9 populated in your ECU its the vss output from an auto tranny.

Im not entirely sure what your question is about the yel/blk wire.

jaron001

Reaction score
damn sorry the correct pin on the f23 harness is b23 the A9 is for the prelude.

for the yel/blk do i ground it or leave it to the 12v source

im going to double check the iat ect wires lol after you look at that many wires for hours it all looks the same. but i dont think 2 cel are bad to start out with.

Drift

Reaction score
damn sorry the correct pin on the f23 harness is b23 the A9 is for the prelude.

for the yel/blk do i ground it or leave it to the 12v source

im going to double check the iat ect wires lol after you look at that many wires for hours it all looks the same. but i dont think 2 cel are bad to start out with.

A9 is for the IACV. (Idle Air Control)

Which yel/blk? Can I have a pic? And no, dont put it to ground, its a power source and will arch and blow fuses.

Back