H22A Oil pan clearance issue.

Sapco

Reaction score
Greetings All,
I'm in the middle of swapping a 99 H22A Sir-S into my 98 LX Sedan. I used all brand new Accord mounts and my stock F23A1 brackets, with the exception of the F20B Timing post/bracket. The motor sits level and straight. The bolts slide in and out of the mounts with ease. Everything lines up beautifully, with the exception of.....the bottom front left corner of the oil pan rests on the driver's side diagonal subframe/crossmember. I've searched and searched to no avail, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I cannot find anyone else who has experienced this problem. The motor has the aluminum oil pan. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Please and thank you.

RawCarnage

Reaction score
hmm i didnt know you could use that motor mount, iv read when people do these swap they use a different custom motor mount. the only thing i can think of is the f20b motor mount is the cause of the problem.

Sapco

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

xci.ed6: I'm too fresh on the forum to post links as of yet, but I put some pics on Tiny pic with the tag jungletronic.

RawCarnage: Steve at H motors online advised me to use that mount bracket. I do take your suggestion into consideration as well, although I feel like the people who have modified their existing mounts did so out of immediate necessity or convenience. And although I realize it is a different motor, those who do F20B swaps do so with no mount changes whatsoever. I guess I'm hoping to find some other solution (or someone to point out a glaring mistake) before I end up trying the modification route. And that mistake may very have been using the F20B mount.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
'Your search - jungletronic - did not match any documents.'

you can do links, right?

Windows/Linux : right click, copy image url

Apple: light it on fire, buy Linux version (it does come in pieces from different companies, its kidna like a treasure hunt)

Sapco

Reaction score
I appreciate your patience and helpfulness, but i am not allowed to post links for the first 7 days of my membership. I'm not sure why my tags did not apply to the tiny pic images. I'm in the process of trying the modded P13 mount in place of the PCB mount as I have exhausted all other options. Besides cutting the subframe or strategically denting the oil pan.

Last edited:

Sapco

Reaction score
Just tried the modded H22 mount. It brought the motor forward more, as I thought it would. The contact is even mire pronounced, so it is back to the PCB mount. Which, by the way, is identical to the F23 mount on the horizontal exposed portion, and identical to the H22 mount vertically where it bolts to the block. The only thing I can think of now is:
The aluminum oil pan is simply too big and needs to be replaced with a steel unit...the steel pan interchanges, right? Or do I need to switch the oil pickup as well? I was hoping to hear from someone who has successfully or unsuccessfully used the aluminum pan in their 6g.
Or I may have body damage from the previous owner that affects nothing but H22 swaps.

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
weird, i have no experience with this swap.

Just msg me the links, i'll post them.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
15980185450_ff46e49694_z.jpg

If the axles are straight, the engine does, you seem to have a very small 'conflicting area'

I'd knock that li'l area back. A hammer, or cut it (angle grinder).

Remember: I have no experiance with this swap. I have zero practise with 'the right way'. I would prefer a hammer, but it may be too big to bend.

Back