H22a question.

khashhhh

Reaction score
Hi all
I'v been searching around but i cant find a thread that provides the information I need. My question is what transfers over from the F series to the H if i do a swap? As in water pump, alternator ect... The reason im asking this is i found a killer deal on a h22a and i want to know how much trouble im going to be getting myself in. The motor is OBD2 so would that make things easier? Sorry if the questions have been answered but honetly i did look around even on honda-tech lol

Thank you

ccordex00

Reaction score
water pump and timming belt kit has to be for the h22....you can transfer tranny, intake pipe and some other minor components.
I'm planning on doing something similar but you have to do a good research before you do anything...

Drift

Reaction score
ODBII and h22a does not compute. Japan doesnt do OBDII. Is it and H22a1?

ccordex00

Reaction score
"Motors average 35,000 miles and come with a 100% start up warranty. All Sensors are guaranteed not broken and in working condition!"
start up warranty! careful with that since you are not in socal..

khashhhh

Reaction score
"Motors average 35,000 miles and come with a 100% start up warranty. All Sensors are guaranteed not broken and in working condition!"
start up warranty! careful with that since you are not in socal..

Yeah. My friend has ordered (2) b16 motors from them before and was very pleased with them.

98acclude

Reaction score
there are many ways I've seen the driver's side mount... I mad a shim and used the f series bracket... my power steering pump is for the f series... I just bent it slightly for it to fit... and it's pretty easy going as far as puttin it in but wiring is a little different I had no idea how to wire up the alternator so I had all my wiring done by rywire and they did an immaculate job might I ad... I kept mine obd2 I had to get a jumper harness for the ecu and I ran a p5p jdm ecu... it's out of the obd2 prelude type s with traction control so Im throwin a code for that right now but I plan on goin obd1 soon. if you have ne more questions pm me and I can help you out more I got pics to help out too... me n my buddy did it ourselves so I'll do what I can to help. just let me know

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the 93-95 Prelude p13 ecu's are obd-1 and hondata says the same.

akoutmos

Reaction score
The accord has an OBD2b style ecu. The motor you posted up in the link is an OBDI ecu controlled motor. What you could do for wiring is get this adapter harness(http://www.boomslang.us/obd2to1.htm). This makes it really easy to swap. Using the existing engine wiring harness, hook up all the plugs to the new engine. Then just hook up the harness to the adapter, and the adapter to the ecu that came with the motor.

Back