H22a question.

98acclude

Reaction score
this is true you'd need a jumper harness... you can find em pretty easy... boomslang is a good one and rywire makes them also.. Im a big fan of rywire after all the help they've givin me during this swap.

akoutmos

Reaction score
Regardless of which way you go obd2 or 1 i don't think ur passing inspection, at least in CT you wont. DARN EPA. If you go obd1 you could reprogram your ecu for tuning for future mods. Havn't seen any programable obd2 honda ecus.

khashhhh

Reaction score
The accord has an OBD2b style ecu. The motor you posted up in the link is an OBDI ecu controlled motor. What you could do for wiring is get this adapter harness(http://www.boomslang.us/obd2to1.htm). This makes it really easy to swap. Using the existing engine wiring harness, hook up all the plugs to the new engine. Then just hook up the harness to the adapter, and the adapter to the ecu that came with the motor.

So the adapter is for the ecu right ? so one end would go to the stock accord wiring and the other would plug in to the new ecu right?

Thanks

akoutmos

Reaction score
So the adapter is for the ecu right ? so one end would go to the stock accord wiring and the other would plug in to the new ecu right?

Thanks

Yup, u got it. Just make sure its a "OBD2B to OBD1 Conversion Harness". There are a ton of companies that make it.

Drift

Reaction score
I Am looking at this motor now http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30016 I just dont know exactly what else i need in order to complete a swap. Most likley I'll be giving it to a shop to do the swap because I hate wiring.

Thanks in advance

Ive bought at least 6 or 7 motors from Steve, (for Honda swaps at my shop and for myself). He is a great guy, super reliable and very reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

The accord has an OBD2b style ecu. The motor you posted up in the link is an OBDI ecu controlled motor. What you could do for wiring is get this adapter harness(http://www.boomslang.us/obd2to1.htm). This makes it really easy to swap. Using the existing engine wiring harness, hook up all the plugs to the new engine. Then just hook up the harness to the adapter, and the adapter to the ecu that came with the motor.

You'd need one of those anyway. But there is a lot more wiring to do.

I do all the wiring here at the shop and would be happy to convert an engine harness for any one here. My swapped accord has been my daily for the past 4 years out of the 10 years Ive owned it.

or you could get the 96 lude ecu and it's obd2 with no stupid immobilizer... they are a ***** to find though

I have one. . . And its for sale!!!! PM me if anyone is interested!

khashhhh

Reaction score
Ive bought at least 6 or 7 motors from Steve, (for Honda swaps at my shop and for myself). He is a great guy, super reliable and very reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

You'd need one of those anyway. But there is a lot more wiring to do.

I do all the wiring here at the shop and would be happy to convert an engine harness for any one here. My swapped accord has been my daily for the past 4 years out of the 10 years Ive owned it.

I have one. . . And its for sale!!!! PM me if anyone is interested!
Cool thanks. Does anyone know of any shops that might have experience with this swap in michigan?

Fuzz

Reaction score
There is a lot of wiring that has to be done. You need to change the wiring for the distributor, for the IAT, for the crank sesnor (if I remember). O2 Sensor wire needs to be moved and extended... there is a lot of work.

I would not recommend doing it yourself the first time unless you are extremely knowledgeable with your car and its wiring.

After that you need to convert to ODB1 (Run a chipped ECU and get a conversion harness... then tow the car to dyno)

Drift

Reaction score
There is a lot of wiring that has to be done. You need to change the wiring for the distributor, for the IAT, for the crank sesnor (if I remember). O2 Sensor wire needs to be moved and extended... there is a lot of work.

I would not recommend doing it yourself the first time unless you are extremely knowledgeable with your car and its wiring.

After that you need to convert to ODB1 (Run a chipped ECU and get a conversion harness... then tow the car to dyno)

good advice all around!

Back