H23a DOHC vtec swap

xci.ed6

Reaction score
any injectors can work (of the right size)
Low Impedance = add resistors!
High Impedance = DELETE resistors!

IIRC, the dizzy changed for OBD0->OBD1, then stayed the same for OBD2

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Dizzy stays the same, and I kept the engine's stock obd2 injectors when I used an obd1 p13 ecu. The jumper harness can be bought pretty much anywhere, and people are almost always happy with the ebay ones

Jf95

Reaction score
Is it a obd2a or obd2b? I also heard from someone the car wont start without a crank sensor harness.

Jf95

Reaction score
Did you guys use the accords power steering pump or the preludes pump? I just ordered the prelude bracket

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
I actually got rid of power steering on mine.. The sir accord wagons came with electronic ps, so the h23a never had the pump. That also means the crank pulley isn't designed for one, so you'll absolutely need to swap that out. Can't say if the f23 pulley, pump and bracket will work or not. I want to say yes, but don't want to give you wrong info.

Jf95

Reaction score
Ok i decided its easier to use the power steering from the f23 although the electronic power steering sounds cool. Now im having problem with the distributor plug. Since im using the f23 harness i can tell the h23s plug is different. What did you guys do to fix this problem.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
most of the time, I cut off old, solder (!!!!! NOT CRIMP !!!!!) on new (get it used w/ ~6" of wire).

If the pins are similar (really identical) you can do a pin swap in the connectors, there is no soldering in this. If I tried the swap I'd do one at a time, to make sure they end up in the right place.

Either way, compare both wire colors -AND- diagrams first.

Back