Had a short, now engine light and ABS lights are constant.

RussianMenace

Reaction score
I was changing out a bulb in the clock and odometer of my 99 accord and had what looks seems to have been a short (yeah, I was a dummy and forgot to disconnect the battery). Started the car and noticed that other than the backlighting, the instrument panel was dead, no readouts no movement of the needles and I couldn't put it in gear.

Checked the driver-side fuse box and sure enough, 7.5A fuse for the instrument panel was blown. Swapped it out, dash came alive as it should. However, after a few seconds I realized that the engine and ABS lights stayed lit.

Did something else go? Any ideas where I can start to the search? Or does something need to be reset?

RussianMenace

Reaction score
Update: unplugged the battery, gave it 15 sec or so, plugged it back in and the Engine Light is now off, ABS still on solid.

Brad2274

Reaction score
autozone, get them to scan it and swipe codes. possible that you blew an abs relay or module but i doubt it

RussianMenace

Reaction score
Hooked up my bluetooth OBD2 sensor + Torque App, found no fault. Took it to autozone, they found no fault. Went home, double checked the fuses, found a blow RC mirror 7.5A fuse, replaced it, all is well. No ABS light, no Engine Light.

Thanks for the help.

Back