had an accident is it totaled ?

coupe2000

Reaction score
hello it's been awhile since i posted on hear.Sadly it is not a happy post . This past weekend we where coming home from shopping in heavy rain we hydro planed @ 55-60 mph did 2 360's and hit the guard rail... We where ok but now i am concerned my car will be totaled . all the damage was done to the passenger side front bumper , door , trunk , quarter panel , rear bumper, rear rim , head light , tail light , side marker. the car is a 2000 coupe 4cyl 166,000 miles, what do you guys think ? should i start looking for a new one ? this sucks cause i just installed a Meagan header, detailed it, and started to make plains for the h22 swap..any way i am sick about this i love this car my insurance is coming to look at it some time this week who knows when... so Im kinda stuck any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Hope everyone involved is ok and there were no injuries.

Sorry to hear about the car.

Accident thread with no pics.....:eusa_doh:

Hard to say, until we see pics.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
There have been some lesser damaged cars that have been written off, and vice versa with more seriously damaged cars being repaired.

Insurance is a funny thing, but never to the people who have to make a claim......oddly enough.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this bad news, but glad everyone was okay. How bad is the rear quarter panel damage? That one can be a problem depending on how bad it is, since it’s such a huge panel on the coupes. If there isn’t any structural damage, it’s possible it will not get totaled.

coupe2000

Reaction score
it is pretty bad it is pushed in about 8-10 inches into the trunk and run the entire span of the quarter panel the tail light is kind of twisted around facing the side.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hmm...I'm kind of leaning toward totaled, but let us know what happens. Sorry again, best of luck to ya.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds like it would be pretty serious.

I would think that it might get totalled as well, unfortunately.

coupe2000

Reaction score
Thanks guys for responding it means alot , By the way Redryder your ride has come a long way since I saw it last...very nice work .

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
coupe2000, start searching for a new car. The damage you have described is sufficient enough for the insurance company to stamp your car with a fat "Totaled" sticker.

Best of luck to you.

Back