Hard brake pedal

Accord_4_life

Reaction score
I get that in my car if i press the brakes 2-3 times when the car is off, then the pedal gets stiff. However once the car is started all is fine.
Do you by any chance press on your brakes after turning off the car, possibly accidentally lol?

Try turning off the car, lift your parking brake and leave it for 30mins-1hour. Then when you go back don't touch the brake pedal and start the car. Press on the pedal...is it hard???

Actually now that you mentioned that I never really paid attention, I could be still on the brake when I shut off the car. I'll pay more attention and see what happens. The brakes function 100% fine once the car is started. We have used the parking brake since the car is brand new as well to save stress on the transmission, I just usually step on the brake to avoid that very little jump it does when it is cold out.

if u step on the brakes with the car off, it will get hard faster 2-3 pumps.... tht means ur brake booster is working.... if it's still soft, u have issues..

Haha yeah yeah but the weird thing is that I wasn't pumping the brakes before starting it, I was just pressing on it once and starting it. And I could definitely imagine "soft" issues being worse, no matter which way you look at it :lawl:

I'm definitely going to pay attention to whether or not I hold the brake when I shut the car off. It's weird, because this morning, at literally -24, and -35 with wind-chill, the brakes were not hard when I pushed on them to start the car this morning! I guess we will see tomorrow morning, or later on today whether or not this is the problem.

Back