Hardware question!!

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
i ordered a RSB for my 02 I4 VP which didn't come from the factory with one which is great cus installation will be a breeze. only issue is the bolts that hold the hanger and bushing to the frame. i dont have them. the part number is 93402-08016-08 and they are called Bolt Washer (8x16). i can get them online from the OEM supplier but they are just bolts so i went to lowes and couldn't find anything that was a bolt with anything close to (8x16). does anyone know of anything on this topic that woud help me out. i dont wanna have to shell out anouther $12 bucks or so for bolts if i can get them locally for $2 bucks.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Should try and find an Ace hardware, I've always gotten lucky there looking for a larger variety of hardware.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
As they say, ace is the place :lawl:

One of my front sway bar bolts was messed up and I got a stainless one there. My local store has an awesome dude in the hardware department.

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
ok i went to ace and tried the M8-1.25x16 and M8-1.00x16 bolts but both didnt fit. i could turn them maybe half or one rotation tops with my fingers and they would stop and get stuck.

could any one go to a lowes or home depot or ace and take one of their bolts that hold the rear sway bar hanger to the car inside and try it in one of these
IMAG1151.jpg
things and tell me what size it is. im completely stumped!

#34 in the link: http://www.oemacuraparts.com/find-parts/Honda/ACCORD/2002/2DR LX/KA5MT/REAR LOWER ARM

Last edited:

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
Have you tried going to a local Honda/Acura dealership...?

I called and gave him the part number and he said he couldn't find anything with that part number and then he asked what the part was and I told him it was called a bolt washer (8x16) and he said he didn't have anything like that on the shelf. I just didn't think the bolt would be so hard to find locally. I'm at a complete loss. I'll try calling again later this time maybe the acura dealer. I still would rather get it from a hardware store.

Back