Having fun with your accord?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
been there, id suggest looking at another beater if you do alot of deliveries

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
uwant a car that wont let u down and is cheap? buy a 1988-1997 nissan p/u 5 speed. those mugs run FOREVER. I got one, I owned it when it had 140,000 miles. It now has 265,000, all I changed was the brakes. Water pump and did a tune up. Still on the same clutch. They are cheap and super reliable

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Cars are machines, machines break and need maintenance. I had my Accord for almost three years and I was religious when it came to maintenance. Only thing that ever went wrong was a wheel bearing for $50.

mraw112

Reaction score
I love working on cars, and doing maintenance is no problem for me. Its just that ive lost all enjoyment in this car. Its done some weird crap on me too I really think this car has a personality and doesn't like me. Im going to be looking at an MK3 supra this weekend probably.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
hey skip the supra...i got a 95 spirit v6 with 34k on it for sale :lawl: it is literally a grandma's car since it is my grandma's car :lawl:

mraw112

Reaction score
Well I went to attempt to fix the stud. Im going to have to remove the whole hub to get the stud out. I dont know if this is smart, but could I just press the hub out of the bearing replace the stud, and the just press the hub back in the bearing? Or do I need to replace the bearing upon removing the hub.

mraw112

Reaction score
So I finally got both front wheel bearings replaced. The ball joint for the lower control arm is such a pain in the *** to remove form the steering knuckle. Im trying to put back on my cruise control, and I need some help.

Is this the bracket used to connect the cruise control diaphragm assembly to the body of the car? Ive had if off so long I cant remember. Also, can any one show me how to route the vacuum lines for it?

CIMG1981.jpg

Besides having a good day getting the accord all back together, I got really impulsive and bought another engine. This one was only 325 complete (manifolds, injectors, even the motor mounts, ect...), and In amazing condition. No sludge at all unlike my last motor I got, and very clean. The only problem with it is that one of the turbos is blown( not to hard to rebuild). Due to the rarity, and hard to get parts, this new addition to my collection will not be taken apart. Maybe just take off the oil pan.

The engine has 2 of these
CIMG1979.jpg

And this gives it away

CIMG1976.jpg

I think its one of my best finds yet. Unfortunately since my accord was on jack stands, I was unable to attempt to put it in the accords trunk. I think it could have fit. The engine was transported with the help of my moms van.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back