having problems with the AC system and overheating

BlakCoupe27

Reaction score
hey guys alright i have searched a few threads about overheating but none of them have talked about my problem.

so today i was driving to school n it was cold so i put the heater n a bunch of smoke came out of the air vents and the car starts overheating... i stopped to check the water n it didn't have none. so i put some on n left again n got on the freeway. it was going fine n when i got off the off ramp it starts overheating again so when it was running it was fine but when i stopped the temp went up. what could this be? why is the smoke coming out when i put the heater? i would appreciate the help! Thanx!

Last edited:

Drift

Reaction score
hey guys alright i have searched a few threads about overheating but none of them have talked about my problem.

so today i was driving to school n it was cold so i put the heater n a bunch of smoke came out of the air vents and the car starts overheating... i stopped to check the water n it didn't have none. so i put some on n left again n got on the freeway. it was going fine n when i got off the off ramp it starts overheating again so when it was running it was fine but when i stopped the temp went up. what could this be? why is the smoke coming out when i put the heater? i would appreciate the help! Thanx!

Is there any fluid in the foot wells? It sounds like your heater core is leaking.

Drift

Reaction score
Just feel down by where the pedals are, and along the firewall. If its wet and feels kinda slimy, its coolant.

Drift

Reaction score
If it hasnt been raining or snowing in your area lately, then that is coolant you're feeling and the heater core needs to be replaced. That job sucks to do, Im sorry.

BlakCoupe27

Reaction score
If it hasnt been raining or snowing in your area lately, then that is coolant you're feeling and the heater core needs to be replaced. That job sucks to do, Im sorry.

is that y it is overheating as well?
do you know around how much it is to fix that?:ugh:

Drift

Reaction score
is that y it is overheating as well?
do you know around how much it is to fix that?:ugh:

You're over heating because the coolant is leaking out. So there is no fluid to cool the engine.

And to fix it, its a doozy. The whole dash needs to come out, which will take about a day. If I were to do the job, Id probably ask for around $1000 for the labor.

The quick fix for now is to loop the coolant lines to delete the heater core from the system. You wont have any heat, but your engine wont over heat.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
couldn't it the fan not working? he didn't overheat when on the freeway, but started overheating when he go to ff...

BlakCoupe27

Reaction score
You're over heating because the coolant is leaking out. So there is no fluid to cool the engine.

And to fix it, its a doozy. The whole dash needs to come out, which will take about a day. If I were to do the job, Id probably ask for around $1000 for the labor.

The quick fix for now is to loop the coolant lines to delete the heater core from the system. You wont have any heat, but your engine wont over heat.

omfg.... dayyum thats way tooo much for my budget... is better to get another car... if it is that then ill just delete the heater... :(

Back